7

(Y/n's p.o.v)

I woke up from a nightmare. My breathing was heavier and my heart was pounding rapidly.

It's only 5:00 and I wake up to get dressed at 6:00 so I have an hour.

I thought about my dream, which was about me and unfortunately Donghyuck. There was a shadow that kept trying to pull him away from me.

At the end of the dream it took him away completely then it looked at me as if I were next.

What could it be symbolizing?

I shook off the thoughts and decided to get dressed now sense I'm bored and I can't go back to sleep.

An Hour later...

I walked downstairs to get something for breakfast then walk to school.

"Mom I'm leaving now"! I called to her as I grabbed a pop tart. "Bye honey get there safely". She answered. I walked out the door.

On my way to school I ate the pop tart and enjoyed the beautiful aesthetic this morning.

It kind of feels good walking alone and admiring the little things around you, it was comforting.

But then it becomes sad when I start thinking about me and Donghyuck. All the fun we used to have when we'd walk together. When he'd bother me with all types of questions but at the same time I enjoyed them.

My eyes began to water but I brushed it off. I made it to my class and sat in my new seat that I asked for.

I took out my stuff and put my earphones in.

My head turned to the door when I saw it open, but it revealed Donghyuck which made my head turn away.

Even though there's so much I want to say to him I'm scared. I don't want him to break my heart more even thought I don't want to let him go.

"You guys are always the first ones". The teacher said when she walked in. My head shot up at the sudden voice.

"Do you two mind helping me with something"? She asked. Unintentionally me and Donghyuck looked at each other.

"Sure". I said as I slowly faced the teacher. We both stood up and walked to the teacher.

"Can you guys please take these files to the administrative office"? She asked as she handed us the files which was a lot.

"No problem". Donghyuck said. I smiled and walked away with my stack.

(Donghyuck's p.o.v)

I walked out of the class and to the office. I saw some papers from y/n's stack slip out of a folder so I stopped.

"The papers are going to fall". I said as I slipped them back in. She just looked at me then back at the files.

"I can do it myself". She said not harshly but with a soft voice.

She walked away from me. I shouldn't be surprised at this point. I followed behind.

After we gave the files to the administrator we went back to class.

"Y/n we need to talk". I said getting her attention. I caught up with her and stood in front of her.

"Please let me-" "what more do you have to tell me"? She asked. "W-what"? I asked confused of what she means.

"I know I'm not good enough even though I thought I was-" "please stop saying those things". I cut her off.

"Why should I? Deep down you feel the same way too". She said. I could see her eyes get a little shiny which means she's going to cry. It hurt my heart.

"I really didn't want to let you go but now that I know the real you I think it's best if we don't see each other anymore" she explained. Tears began to fall.

I got closer to wipe away her tears but before I could she grabbed my hand.

"I'll see you some other time, Donghyuck". She said and walked away.

I watched her disappear from my sight. I sighed and walked to class too.

(Y/n's p.o.v)

I sat in my seat with my head down. I don't want any attention to be on me.

A side of me kind of wants to know what Donghyuck was going to say but I'm too scared to find out.

Magic time skip...

It is now lunch and I decided to let Yerim hang out with Donghyuck's friends so I can stay in class and study.

I loved studying. I never understood why it was such a struggle for most teens cause I enjoyed it.

I took out my phone and saw the last message Donghyuck sent me, which was his confession about me.

I continued to scroll up to past conversations and it made me smile.

It reminded me of the random things we do, especially the day when him and his friends thought they were cool so they asked me to take pictures and videos of them doing "cool" stuff.

I was so into these memories that I didn't realize I was laughing out loud.

"You must have fun texting that person". A deep voice said. I turned to see the owner of the voice.

He's very tall and handsome. "Oh yeah just old text messages that's all". I said. "I don't enjoy texting him anymore". I muttered. He took a seat next to me.

"Do you mind if I ask why"? He asked. "It's really nothing he just told me how he truly felt about me and clearly we weren't cut out to be friends". I answered.

"I'm sorry". He said. "It's fine don't feel sympathy for me". I assured him.

"By the way my name is Lucas". He introduced himself. "I'm y/n, nice to meet you". I said. "Nice to meet you too". He greeted back.

For some reason I felt better about talking to someone. Don't get me wrong I did feel better when talking to Yerim but something about the way he listens to me and gives eye contact shows that he really does care, even if we don't know each other.

"I'll leave you alone now". Lucas said and got up from the seat. "N-no you're not bothering me you can stay". I said.  He smiled at me and sat back down.

Why is my heart beating faster all of a sudden?