Where Am I?

After I got out of the hospital I was taken somewhere. Somewhere I have never been or even seen. It was a pretty cool place, but it was still scary with not knowing anyone there.

     The beds were cool, they had a bunch of cool toys I got to play with. I even made a friend, I think his name was Max! He was the only person that gained my trust. He was three years older than me, making him eight!

     Max and I did everything together, we played, ate and laughed together. I didn't think I'd be able to laugh again, but I did! It sas nice to be able to forget about everything, even for just a few minutes.

     I talked to a few of the other kids, but never like Max and I talked. He was my best friend. He was the only person that knew about my parents. Other than the adults of course.

     A few of the kids made fun of me because of the scar on my cheek from the crash, except Max! Max thought it was so cool and it shared a cool story! He said it made me look tough!

      Then one day Max was taken away... I was told he had a new family. I went from laughing and being my bubbly self once again, to not smiling again. I barely ate, only when I was really hungry. I barely left my bed, I didn't play anymore.

     I remember having this one book that I sat and read all day every day. It had a barrel racer and I remember telling myself "I want to be just like her!"