Many MANY Families Later

I went through I think six different families? They all sent me back because I was to quiet, didn't talk and was "a waist of money" to them. Every time I was sent back just made me even more quiet and made my trust issues worse, and so did my attitude...

That leads to me now! I'm 18 and still in this stupid hell hole! All I do is sit in my room drawing. Drawing what I wish my life looked like. I even found myself drawing Max and I when we were little. No I haven't forgotten about my best friend. I'm still not friends with anyone else.

Then I get called to the office and see a family, they look nice, but they all do. I leaned on the door frame looking at the family then at the orphanage owner. I rolled my eyes knowing I'd be brought back once again.

They took me to their home, the car ride was long and boring. I stared out the window. We passed so many horses. Then we pulled onto a long twisty drive with huge pastures on either side. I sat up some as I saw horses and a huge barn.

We parked and I got out looking around. I saw a guy, not much older than me. Maybe three years older? Anyways! He was walking out of the barn to who he called "mom and dad." When he said "Hey dad, I got the tractor fixed and the bulls fed." It hurt... It hurt knowing I'd never be accepted into a family...

His mom gently put her hand on my shoulder "Max, this is Sarah!" She said with a bright smile. She had a smile similar to my mothers. Seeing her smile made me smile, just a little though. Don't get your hopes up! I haven't gave a real smile in 10 years.

Then it hit me. Hearing his name... his face... I thought he looked a bit familiar. I looked at Max, slightly hoping it was my best friend. He did the same, he gave me that look like "It's you!"