Ready to Party!

The next day my alarm rang at the same time... 5 am... Ugh, I don't like waking up this early. I sat up and rubbed my eyes then looked out the  window. They had their two huge 5 horse living quarter trailers hooked up. I went downstairs confused and snuck an apple for Aspen and made my way outside. 

           I go over too Aspen's pen and gave her the apple then went into the barn too find Max taking a bunch of tack out to the trailer. "Where are you going?" I asked him confused. He looked at me "well morning to you too" he chuckled "I thought mom told you. We're going over to Texas for a big rodeo. We go every year, it's so much fun!" He said as he continued to load his tack up. 

          I nodded and started feeding the horses in the small barn before feeding their horses where Jane was already brushing some horses. She looked up from the small pony and smiled at me "hey hun. I forgot to tell you, but sounds like Max already got you caught up. We're taking a few horses, you're welcome to ride around and help me warm them up there if you'd like" she smiled. "I'd love to" I smiled before starting to feed their horses. 

          Once all the chores were done I helped load a few horses. They loaded Aspen's dam Karma into the trailer then Jane loaded Aspen in beside her.  "Gotta get this little one's mind in the game" she pat Aspen then shut the trailers up. I let the rest of the horses out to pasture then followed Max to the truck and got in.

          "You ready kid?" he gave me a smile. I nodded "first rodeo, let's go" I looked  out the window at the horses running along the fence as we drove down the long dirt drive and made our way to Texas. 

**MAX'S POV**

          I looked over at Sarah and saw she was asleep. I smiled and carefully pulled the blanket up over her shivering body and turned the heat up some. I looked back at the road and sighed, thinking to myself 'how can I date her now? She's gonna be my sister'  I slummped down in my seat some, but thought maybe it was for the best, maybe it is better they stay best friends  because I didn't want to lose her.