[ 05 ]

❝ I'll wait for you ❞

I'll wait for you

_____________

"Speaking of names, what's yours?" He asked, turning to her.

She opened her mouth, getting cut off by a phone ringing. She excused herself and walked off. He stared at her figure as she talked on the phone. He watched as her face fell. She walked back towards him after a few minutes with a sad look.

"What's wrong?" He asked as she stood in front of him.

"I'm sorry, I have to go," She said, starting to walk off.

"Wait! What's your name?" he asked.

"It's-" She stopped and groaned as she heard her phone ring. Her eyes widened as she saw her dad's contact.

"I really have to go. I'm sorry!" She quickly ran away. He watched her figure disappear around the corner. He sighed in disappointment.

"I guess the roles were switched this time, huh?" he said, chuckling.

"Until we meet again..." he sighed, then walked away.

She peeked from behind a tree and let a tear fall from her eye. 'I'm sorry... we shouldn't know.' She stared at the phone in her hand and thought of her conversation earlier.

She held back a sob as she stared at her text messages. 'It's best nothing happens... we won't be able to see each other soon anyway...'

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"Why are you crying?" She asked as Jeno wiped the tears that fell down his face.

"Because I don't have a dumbass twin to bother anymore," He said, looking away.

"I don't leave until Saturday, dumbass," She said, laughing.

"I know, but you're going to leave me alone here!" He said with a pout.

"What a big baby," She said, laughing as she pulled him into a hug. "I'll be back! Don't worry. I'll come and visit. I promise!"

"Don't make promises you can't keep," He said, rolling his eyes.

"Fine! Let's celebrate tomorrow then and spend more time together before I leave, okay?" She asked, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Ew, who said I wanted to spend time with you," He said, cringing.

She rolled her eyes. "Shut up! You know you love me!"

She laughed as he pretended to be disgusted. "I have something to do, so we'll talk later, okay?" She waved and walked out the door.

'Please tell me he'll be there...' She thought as she walked in the direction of the coffee shop. She sighed in disappointment when she didn't see him anywhere. 'Where are you?'