o n e

"Would you consider yourself successful?"

The sound of my heels clicking against the tiled floor of the building echoes on the lobby as I arrived. I saw a couple of people on the lounge, sipping coffees from the coffee shop on the side as the rays of sunlight brighten the place,the songs of The Rose brings comfort in this peaceful morning. I glanced on the other side; a couple of staffs were busy dressing the mannequins placed nearby the glass wall of the boutique.

I walked over the receptionist. She handed me my usual drink, a strong black coffee, and gave me a smile.

"Good morning. Your assistant is at the fifth floor with our clients for today, Ms. Solenn Valli arrived a couple of minutes ago and is now assisted for her fitting. Should I call him down right now, Miss?" She asked, in which I waved my hand for disapproval of her suggestion; my attention is still on the staffs struggling to dress a mannequin. I sighed.

"No need, but I have to ask. Why are they dressing the mannequins just now? It's almost 9 in the morning, I'm sure you all know that we open at 7 am, right?" I faced her.

"Yes, Miss. The couture on the mannequin were bought by Ms. Valli, and it was the last piece out of five that we produced." She explained calmly, the smile never fades from her face and I must commend her for that.

I nodded over the receptionist as she makes a call through her earpiece; the warmth of coffee soothes my throat as I took a sip. I lowered my black cap as I walked towards the elevator, a couple of people were eyeing me; some were the staff working who greeted me 'good morning', and some were clients, i believe, who eyed me up and down with what i am wearing.

I took the third elevator, the furthest, and pressed the button for fifth floor but before the door closes; a hand stopped it. I took a deep breath with whom I am facing right now, he gave me a smile which vanishes as he looks at me from head to toe. I rolled my eyes and have some of my coffee.

"You are not scheduled today." I uttered, just eyeing my reflection through the walls of the elevator.

"Am I not allowed to visit my wife?" He answered back, fixing his tie with his eyes landing on me; watching every movement as I fix the plaits of my sand beige palazzo pants. "You work in the fashion industry yet you don't know how to use a fucking bra." He hissed, making me stop in my movement.

The crumpled cami top that i cropped were hanging too low on my chest, with its white color and thin fabric, my chest were probably almost visible, but i am not that dumb to not put a silicon nipple tape atleast.

I faced him, removing my cap to let him see that i don't care. "You work with women, yet you don't know how to give them their rights to wear whatever the hell they want." The elevator door opened and I didn't step out as he did, instead, I pressed the button for sixth floor, "And it's ex-wife for you, Jongho."

The door closes and opened to the sixth floor, I breathe in and out, taking a hold of myself before I walked myself towards my office where the view of the city, the morning sun and the smell of green plants all over my office welcomed me and calmed me down. Out of all days, out of all places, why the hell elevator in the morning?

I placed my purse, cap and coffee over my table before I plopped myself unto the swivel chair; resting my back and shutting my eyes. I heard a knock on my office door, and I turned around to come face to face with my assistant.