Dreaming

RICKY'S POV

-            -

i was running. somewhere. everything was kind of a blur around me but it looked pretty. there were little splotches of purple and yellow all around me. the blur started going away and i noticed i was in a field. it was a lavender field with sunflowers dotting around it.

 it was beautiful, and it would be peaceful too if i wasn't running as fast i was

 it was beautiful, and it would be peaceful too if i wasn't running as fast i was. why was i running? i didn't want to leave here, i wanted to stay! 

"ricky."

where the heck did that come from? i look around me, but there was no one else in the field. 

"hello?" i asked, unsure. my voice bounded into the distance, then came back to me. there was no response other than a rustle in the lavender, making the air smell sweet and therapeutic. 

"ricky!" the voice came again. this time i could make out it was a girl's voice. i really familiar girl's voice. "help!" their words came out strained. were they okay?

"who's there?"i called out again into the distance. only silence answered me, leaving me confused and disoriented. 

i began running again, the window blowing my curls back against my face. the plants hit my knees, stinging slightly, but i didn't care. i needed to find this voice. after a couple seconds of running, i heard it again.

"wake up!" they shouted. "please wake up!" suddenly, i recognized it. 

"nini?" i said puzzled. "nini!"

abruptly, pressure squeezed my arm. i jumped at the contact, causing my eyes to fly open my heart racing. 

-            -

it took a couple second for my eyes to adjust to my surroundings. i was in a tree house; my tree house to be exact. my vision was facing towards to roof, laying on my back. something had been supporting my head, but it was gone now. i thought it was nini. where is nini?

i turned my head to the right to see a figure hunched over, gasping for air. it took me a solid moment to wrap my head around who it was and what was happening.

"oh my gosh, nini!" i exclaimed, rushing over to her. "what's happening? what's wrong?"

she looked up at me, her big brown eyes filled with tears and her facial expression twisted and hurt. "help." she croaked out. "scared."

"okay, um...."i knew what was happening to her, i'd gone through it many times myself. i just never thought nini would have a panic attack at such a random time. something would have to trigger it. "neens, i need you to breath with me, remember? like how you did with me?"

instead of agreeing, nini shook her head violently, surprising me. "no!" she whispered. "can't.... can't breathe."

"you can neens!" i assured her. "just like this! see?" i over exaggerated my breathing to show her, but she continued to shake her head. "at least count with me." i said grabbing both her hands. "1?"