chapter thirteen

*Bethany*

"What happened?" I asked as soon as I picked up the phone. Even though I had only known him for a few weeks, I felt like we had known each other forever. Definitely a sweet big brother to me. I was worried.

"There's signs of a struggle and blood all over the place. He's no where in sight."

"Sh*t." I cursed under my breath.

"Yeah. Get the team up here."

The team looked at me.

"Morgan is gone, there's signs of a struggle and plenty of blood."

A combination of fear and anxiety and anger spread across the team. People muttered under their breath. I didn't have to say anything before Rossi stormed off to the elevators, no doubt to head to Derek's room. When we met up with Reid again he was obviously pissed off, banging his fist against a wall repeatedly.

"Hey, stop it! You're bleeding, Spence. Pull yourself together!"

I waltzed over to the area he was beating on, gently I pulled his hand away mid strike. I pulled him over to a couch where I pulled some gauze and tape out of my briefcase I have there for God knows what.

"Ugh, looks like you ripped a few tendons. We'll have to go to the-"

"Not until we find Derek!"

I glared at him for a moment, trying to figure him out. I frowned. We started to get up when I turned my knee wrong and face planted. Pain flared my knee.

"Ow, baiser! Ça fait mal." I swore.

One of the boys laughed. Smiles spread across their faces making them temporarily forget about the task at hand. I smiled in pain as I tried to sit up.

"What happened? And what language was that?"

"Me being a klutz happened. I think I sprained my knee. And French. But don't worry about me, I'm good."

"Okay the police are on their way, but in the mean time let's analyze the scene."

"Well, we know he put up a hell of a fight," J.J whispered to herself.

"And that it was probably blitz attack." I added.

All calmness and rationality to resolve this, if we get emotional it gets bad fast.

"Okay, we'll see. I'm Morgan and I'm laying in bed, trying to get to sleep." Rossi said.

"There's blood on the pillow so he-" Spencer tried.

"I'm starting to fall asleep when smack! I'm still conscious, so I'm going to fight back. It's a constant struggle for power, we're close to the same size- or have similar strength. I'm less alert, because there's a gash in my head. He takes control and drags me a bit, but..." Rossi trails off.

"The puzzle ends here. It's unpredictable." Prentiss said.

All we know is that Morgan is in serious trouble.