chapter seventeen

*Spencer*
"Okay, so we've done everything that is required and basic for investigation. We've visited the morgue, crime scene, interviewed victims family and friends. I feel like we need just one more big break." I explained. I squeezed Bethany's hand supportively because her hand was shaking. She squeezed it back.
"You guys head into the station, we'll catch up." They nodded in agreement and walked inside.
"Whats wrong? What was really happening in the car?"
"Nothing," She lied, her voice going high and failed to force a smile. Her puffy, red eyes said it all.
"No, what is it really?.
"Dan and I were, in a relationship prior to moving here. It was on and off, but it was abusive."
Whit hot rage rage seared my vision and I felt like I was going to explode with anger. How could he be so selfish? I wanted to beat the hell out of this guy. Who could dare to do that to someone who's so- perfect?
"How come you didn't tell me?" I asked gently, not wanting to upset her.
"Because I didn't want you to look at me like a kicked puppy. And I thought that maybe Virginia would be a fresh start for me." Tears flowed down her face rapidly now, yet she didn't make a sound. I wiped them away with the pad of my thumbs and wrapped her in a hug.
"Did you tell anyone?" I asked, still holding her.
"No. I-I still had feelings for him. Kind of like Stockholm syndrome. I wanted to believe he loves me."
"It's okay. You're safe now."
-
It was driving me crazy, standing in the same room trying to be polite to this guy.
"He's got to have insider knowledge, to know the BAU was in San Diego, he's fit, organized, intelligent, and forensic aware. He's taking counter measures. We can assume he's a white male in his early to mid thirties with a position in the justice system, but it's a hands on job. Police officers, lawyers, high ranking supervisors and dare I say agents. Keep on the look out for any suspicious behavior, we have search parties, but it's 6:20, let's call it a night." I concluded. We all filed out of the room and headed back home for a well deserved evening.