1.5

• 𝙉𝙀𝙍𝘿 •

• 𝙉𝙀𝙍𝘿 •

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 15: 𝖎 𝖈𝖆𝖓'𝖙 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖕 𝖇𝖚𝖙...

☀︎

Yuna stared at herself in the mirror. Her sister screaming in the back, "Youu're the ugliest beauty ever!" Yuna chuckled at her sister's remark. She turned to face her older sister and asked, "Do you think I look good?"

"No you look horrific," her sister laughed. They continued laughing, waiting for Sunwoo to pick her up.

After 30 minutes of waiting, she received a text.

"I can't pick you up, something happened. If you can please go there by yourself for now I'm sorry :( I'll be there after a few minutes I'm really sorry."

Yuna sighed and held in her unhappiness. She smiled to her sister and said she'll be going out. Her sister, Yurin, nodded.

Yuna drove herself to the prom and waited in a seat. She checked her phone to check what time it was. "Where are you Sunwoo..it's been 10 minutes," she whispered under her breath.

Eric walked up to Yuna and started a conversation. "Where's Sunwoo," he said as he drank punch. Yuna shrugged and replied, "I don't even know myself."

Suddenly Juyeon came in as well and said, "didn't he text you?" Yuna shook her head, "He only texted me saying he couldn't pick me up." "Strange.." Eric and Juyeon said in unison.

They chatted a bit more until the night almost ended. Just as Yuna was about to leave, "The prom queen is Haerin." Yuna looked up to the stage and furrowed her eyebrows. "The prom king is Kim Sunwoo!"

She saw as Sunwoo slowly stepped up to the stage, getting crowned. Yuna was in disbelief and scoffed to herself, "so you're like them now," she mumbled.

Yuna walked out the door and felt as if her heart was torn apart. He lied. She couldn't help but to shed tears. I hate you Kim Sunwoo, she thought while her heart broke.

"Yuna? Choi Yuna?? Yuna!" Sunwoo yelled as he searched for Yuna. Run, she thought to herself. I have to run.

She stood up and tried to walk away quietly, but was spotted by Sunwoo. "Yuna listen–" "There's nothing to listen to is there?"

"Listen, Yuna–" before he could say anything more she bawled. Sunwoo immediately hugged her and said,

"I know I didn't pick you up, I know I didn't accompany you in this prom, and I know I suddenly showed up only to get crowned with one of the people that hates you the most-"

"I just want to say it wasn't intentional my mom got into a car crash—" he took a breath, "and I wanted to spend this night with you, and only you.."

Yuna was speechless, she looked up to him, he was shedding tears. She wiped his tears and asked, "Why are you crying?"

"Why don't we escape this together? You're the only one who knows how torn apart I am.." Yuna said holding his hands.

"Escape what?"

"Sadness," she smiled. He smiled. "Gladly."

"You make me happier than I've ever been before. You make me smile when I can't. When you smile, I smile. And suddenly, I can breathe when I'm with you. Your laughter is music to my ears. You stayed with me when nobody wanted to. When I see you my heart beats quickly, it seems to never stop. You held me up and told me you'll always be there for me. You still hung with me when everybody thought I was stupid and ugly. When you act nice I can't help but hate you for making my heart beat quickly. The world shines when I with you.." Sunwoo stopped for a breath and smiled at Yuna.

"I can't help it but..."

☀︎

𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜: 618
𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍: ✓ (𝙳𝙴𝙲 19, 2020)
𝚙𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎: 𝙹𝚄𝙽𝙴 7, 2020