[05] I REALLY LIKE HIM

The books are carelessly thrown on the bed, half of them not even opened to the right page

The books are carelessly thrown on the bed, half of them not even opened to the right page. It doesn't matter since no one cares. Not even Taya cares.

And the reason for that, is because the two teenagers were too focused on the other's lips on theirs. Tyler pulls Taya closer to him by her waist, holding her tightly.

Taya rests her hands around his shoulder, occasionally bringing them down, or setting one of her palms against the boy's cheek.

It's a strange sensation for Taya, who had always thought that Tyler is the most annoying being to walk the earth, though here she is, making out with him in her bedroom.

Walter is still completely unaware of what has been going on since just last night at the park. "Taya!" Walter calls from downstairs.

Taya pulls out of the kiss, keeping her hands on Tyler's chest, not bothering to back away, just looking to the side.

"How's the tutoring coming along?" The man asks. "It's— it's good!" She lies, causing Tyler to chuckle a little bit. "Alright, well, be down here and ready in five minutes to look for Mabel!" He says.

"Okay!" She sighs, turning back to look at Tyler, their faces still at a close proximity. "We better get ready to go downstairs." She tells softly.

"Whatever you say, Tay-Tay." He smirks, leaning in and pecking her lips for a moment. "I still don't like that name." She comments, picking up her notebooks, and setting them down on her desk.

***
Walter, Taya, And Tyler stand in a dog shelter, examining the pug in front of them. "Aw, no. Let's keep looking." Walter sighs.

Tyler and Taya exchange sad looks, then shrugs, following him out. "Thanks." Tyler says to one of the workers.

"Yeah. I'll let you know if we get any more pugs in." She tells. "Okay, Yeah." Tyler smiles, taking Taya's hand. "Thank you, again." Taya smiles to the woman.

"Sorry, Tay." Tyler sighs squeezing the girl's hand. "It's alright. We'll find her." She sends him a sad smile.

***

"So.. are we, like, a thing?" Tyler inquires as he holds Taya's hand, swinging it back and forth while they walk around the block. "Uh, I don't know. Do you wanna be?" She smiles.

"Uh, Yeah. I guess." He nods. "Okay, then." Taya stops walking, stopping in front of him. "On one condition, you gotta stop calling me Tay-Tay." She crosses her arms.

"Oh, no. I think I'm gonna have to break up with you, Tay-Tay." He jokes. "In that case, we were never together." She smiles, leaning up and pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

She feels Tyler smile into the kiss, which makes her ten times more happier. "Hey! Wise Guy!"

Tyler pulls out, still holding onto Taya's hand. As soon as he sees who had called out, he lets go.

"Old man." He waves. "Grandpa." Taya realizes. "And what do you think you're doing with my granddaughter?" The man questions.

"Kissing.. her?" Tyler trails off. "Shut up." Taya slaps his arm. "Ow!" He whines. "Okay, Uh, Taya, how about you come head home with me. Tyler, we'll meet you tomorrow." Walter nods to the boy.

"Okay, Uh. Bye, Tyler." She smiles up at him, then follows after her grandfather. "Bye, Tay."

***

"Are you mad?" She asks, sitting down on the couch. "Mad? No. Tyler seems like a nice guy.. most of the time. I'm just confused." He explains.

"Do you want me to explain how it happened?" She furrows her eyebrows. "Precisely." He confirms. "Uh, okay. Well.. Tyler kind of annoyed me at first and was fooling around when we were studying, and then..later when we were at the park, it just... hit me, I guess. I don't know." She shrugs, looking down at the floor.

"I really like Tyler." She admits. "Reminds me of your mother and father." Walter chuckles. "Really?" She smiles.

"Yeah. Your mother despised your father. To be frank, so did I. He would always get her in all sorts of trouble. But deep down, I knew he was the right man for her. Too bad he had to be so goddamn annoying." He jokes, earning a chuckle from the girl.

"Listen here, and you listen good. If you really like Pizza Boy, I won't do anything to stop you." He assures. "Thanks, Grandpa." She grins.