Part 4: A Zoldyck Family Dinner

I stood in the fog with the stairs behind me. I already missed him, my beloved porcelain doll. I snickered at the thought of his as a doll only to feel an aura identical to his next to me. The man had needles similar to his sticking out of his head and I couldn't help but compare this stranger to the man I would never admit to loving. For some strange reason, the man looked almost identical to Illumi but with long, beautiful hair.

"Tatiana, wake up," I hear a deadpan voice and I bury my head further into the warm chest next to me.

"No," I refused, resting my head even closer to his heart. I hear a sigh escape from the person next to me before I felt his hand transform as Feitan's did. "No, Feitan! I'm tired!" I groaned snuggling closer to the man before pulling away. "Wait, you're not Feitan-" I start and look up to see Illumi's face inches away from mine. I feel my cheeks heat up as I push myself away from him. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry Illumi! I thought you were some freakishly tall version of Feitan!" I exclaimed getting out of the bed that I had just been in. I heard a feminine laugh from behind me.

"Good morning dear," I hear Kikyo say and I blush even more before returning the greeting.

"Good morning, Kikyo-okaasan," I say respectfully and she smiles at me before responding. 

"Please, call me mom or Kikyo-haha," When I give her a reluctant look she gave me the gentlest smile and continued. "I insist," I let out a slight sigh before attaching my aura to her and reading her emotions. She feels, disappointment, but not in me. She's disappointed in Illumi for-!!! I quickly detached my aura from her as I blush madly.

"Ok, mom," I say awkwardly and she hands me a dress on a hanger that is covered. 

"You'll be wearing this to dinner, I'll help you with your hair and makeup," She tells me and I nod before entering the bathroom and unzipping the protective cover. Inside is a pink floor-length dress with lace chiffon. Soon enough I hear a knock on the door. "Sorry, dear, I forgot that you might need help getting your dress on, may I come in?" She asks and I open the door, still in the casual black outfit from before. 

"I think you gave me the wrong dress mom," I say and she walks in, when she sees the dress hanging there she let out a short sigh. 

"I'm sorry dear, you're right, I think that the dress you were supposed to wear is in the closet. I'll go get it for you darling," She says and I instantly attach my aura to her arm. She feels anger directed at Zeno's wife. She had picked out that dress, and the one I was supposed to wear was the one that Maha's wife picked out. It was the one that Illumi believed I would most like to wear based on how I looked when he first picked me up.

I blushed slightly until Kikyo- no mom- came back inside the bathroom with a dress that looked exactly like something I would wear. 

(A/N: Exactly like that except without the wings in the corner

(A/N: Exactly like that except without the wings in the corner.)

I slipped on the dress and pulled on the sleeves. Once I had finished with that mom had me sit down in a desk chair. I sat there and she had me close my eyes while she did my hair. When I opened my eyes I saw my hair in a pair of pigtails tied up with pink bows. I also see that she had applied pink eyeshadow with a light pink blush. My lips also have the same bright pink color and I can't help but feel like I look like an angel. I smile brightly at her and we walk out of the bathroom together.