𝐎 𝐍 𝐄

The letter.

This was it. The final test to see if Seokjin had what it took to become an author. This one piece of paper could determine his whole future and mark his career.

With shaky hands, he cut open the envelope with a knife, carefully avoiding the letter. Taking out a folded piece of paper, he breathed in and out a couple of times, reassuring himself that he could be successful either way.

"HYUNG HURRY UP I DON'T HAVE ALL DAY!" A voice shouted form right behind him.

Seokjin rolled his eyes, this moment was so important, could he be any more annoying? 

"Shut up Kook." He mumbled as a response and returned to his paper.

Jungkook slumped in his chair. He agreed to be next to his older brother when decisions came out, but he didn't know he would take this long. He had an overwatch game to finish with his boyfriend Jimin, and he was getting impatient.

Jungkook applied for the same private high school in his 8th year just to show his brother it was possible to get in. However, he didn't expect to get in, but he did and because it was early decision, he was now forced to go for one year.

He found to like the school despite its intensity. So after Jin watched his brother excel at Haemin Hight School, he packed up enough courage to start the application process.

Seokjin then applied, and worked his ass off for 4 months taking tests and writing essays. He hired tutors and other instructors to help him prepare. Jin's dream since forever was to become an author, and this school would guarantee him success.

He unravelled the paper, eyes glued shut. He peeked open one eye, it landed on the word 'Congratulations' . He gasped, putting a hand over his mouth as he read the first paragraph.

Dear Seokjin,

Congratulations! 

We are pleased to announce that based on your academic scores over the past few months, you have made it into Haemin High School of Seoul! Your grades as well as your extra curricular activities show us great promise of a bright future, and therefore we have decided to grant you a spot in our class of 2013.

Tears of joy spilled from his eyes as his brother hugged him tight. He was so relieved all his hard work had payed off and he was headed to his dream high school. Jin had saved enough money added to the money he received form his father's death, it would allow him to go to this school for the last year of high school.

He would finally get out of his cheap public high school and start getting into his adult hood correctly. 

"This is great hyung-ah! You can meet Jimin, and Namjoon hyung, he's really cool by the way."

The amount of times Jungkook has rambled about how amazing Namjoon is, is more than he has complimented Seokjin. His thighs, his brain, his voice, everything about this 'Namjoon' is so cool, which makes Jin want to meet him. Luckily, now he can.

Also, despite Kook being with Jimin for one 10 months, he has never met his boyfriend. Only pictures and Jungkook's stories has given Jin any knowledge about him. But he was a nice kid, and that was enough for Seokjin to allow the relationship.

The older whipped out his phone and texted his best friend Hoseok a picture of the acceptance letter. Hobi as well applied to the same High School but in Autumn, and had gotten accepted. 

After being congratulated by his best friend, Seokjin took Jungkook to the nearest ice cream parlor, as a treat. The two talked about little things, while Jungkook prepped him for the school's workload. Jin then scolded him, saying how he's the older, and should be lecturing him. 

"In the dorms, you're assigned a floor. The floor has a total of 8 rooms, for 16 people. You and your roommate share a room together, and if you don't get along, you might as well leave the school."

Jin nodded focusing on his ice cream. "Hyung are you listening? This is important!" His brother whined.

"Each floor has a large bathroom. The first day, you claim your sink for the rest of the year. There are only four shower stalls, so every week we rotate times to shower at night. Right before bed, someone is assigned to go to each room and make sure everyone is present. 

Let's say today is your assigned day. After you check everyone is in their room, you return the checklist given to you to the office which is on the first floor of the dorm building. Then you go to bed."

Seokjin nodded again as he threw out his dirty napkin. He didn't understand why Jungkook was telling him this when he could just figure it out when he got there. 

Kook could read his hyung's expression like an open book. "Don't give me that look old man. You'll thank me in a month." He said getting up to pay.

"Don't call me that! I'm two years older than you brat! Who taught you to be so rude?!"

"If I remember correctly.... you did."

Shit he's right. 

After some cheerful teasing, they headed back home. Jungkook went to finish his game with his boyfriend, while Jin lounged on the couch.His mind was buzzing with different thoughts, so relaxing would be a good cure.

He read many news articles about the stupid shit going on in the world currently, but soon stopped at one particular title.

"Kim Taehyung, the youngest self-made millionaire has taken a break from his modeling career, and is taking classes at Haemin High School, as part of the class of 2013."

New Book..... thoughts?

A/N: from current 2022 times :)

I hope some of you enjoy re reading, if you're new, welcome! 

220331 <3