𝐄 𝐋 𝐄 𝐕 𝐄 𝐍

"I hope I'm not too late." 

Seokjin jumped in his seat to a very familiar voice coming from behind him. He looked up and saw Taehyung with a slight smile, take his seat right across from him.

It was currently 9:12 and Jin had been waiting for ten minutes. He had lost a bit of faith and thought about just leaving, but luckily Taehyung showed up. 

"No, you're fine." He said, scanning the menu. 

"I wanted to ask you something." Taehyung said after a short silence.

"Go ahead." Said Seokjin, unfazed. He lifted his glass of water right to the tip of his lips.

"I uh- wanted to ask you if you uh- I don't know, wanted to.... date? Of course you---- Seokjin are you okay?!"

Seokjin, who was choking on his water as the rest of the glass had spilled on his uniform, was coughing uncontrollably. 

"I knew it, I'm sorry I even asked. It was a dumb question." Taehyung muttered feeling awkwardly embarrassed. 

"No- No don't feel embarrassed I- I want to ask you something too." Jin managed to say after almost choking to death. Taehyung nodded and look up, hopeful.

"Why me? I mean... why would you want to have me as your boyfriend?"

Taehyung thought about that for a while and finally spoke after a suffocating silence. 

"If this is about my fame, I'd like to chuck it out the window for a bit. Just you and me okay?" And Seokjin nodded slowly. 

"It's hard to find honest and real people. You know, a lot more celebrities are fake than you think. You're probably the most fun person that I've ever been around. I really look forward to studying with you in the library everyday. And, I want to keep you with me always, even after graduation."

Seokjin could not believe his ears. Not ever has anyone ever said such lovely things about him, or to him. Especially from the person who had practically treated him like a low-class servant for a month. 

Unfortunately for Taehyung, Seokjin's thinking caused a huge awkward silence, right after Taehyung poured his heart out to him. He was so red, and embarrassed because Jin wasn't talking at all.

He took a deep breath, "I'm gonna take that as a no..."

"Yes."

"What?"

It's like the words just came out of Jin's mouth. He didn't even want to shove them back in but he didn't eve process what he'd said. Did he just approve to dating? Even when they've just gotten close?

"I said yes." Once again, both were shocked by his boldness.

"Really? Will you really date me?" Taehyung said planting his hands on the table and yelling a bit too loudly.

"Yes. I will." Jin replied, the butterflies in his stomach multiplying every second.

Taehyung's smile stretched wider than the equator. He was soaring high in the sky and he was not coming down for a while. 

🍁

"You said YES?!?!" A voice boomed louder than bombs.

"Shhh! Yoongi! Be quiet!" 

"Seokjin, this guy is filthy rich. Too rich. He could probably buy everyone on this floor a new house!"