hawaii//g.d - pt2

(third person pov)

"And this one," Daisy said, showing Grayson another shell. "And this, daddy this!"

"Yeah, yeah, they're lovely, wow," He mumbled, turning. She held another to his face. "Good job, princess."

"Daddy!" He watched Rose run over. "Daddy my hair got all wet!"

"That's what water does," Ethan said, pouring a bucket meant for a sandcastle building full of water over her. She shrieked.

They ran off again, Ethan chasing her and Grayson went back to Daisy.

"And this one!" Daisy said, thrusting another one up at his nose. He pulled his head back and she huffed at him, scrambling out of his lap to go get more from y/n.

"Y/N stop giving her those, I don't need to see every one of-" He paused as she Daisy came running back to him, holding up another.

"Pink!" She said, showing him. He sighed.

"That's orange," He mumbled, pulling her into his lap. "Enough of those, wanna make a castle?" She fussed a little while Gray took the shells away from her, giving them back to y/n.

"No- daddy, wanna see she-s." Grayson smiled as he laid her down on top of him. He laid next to James and put a finger to his lips.

"Let's have a nap with James?" She pulled on his hair and he pried her fingers away. "Shh."

"Not nap time," She mumbled.

"Literally is," He sighed. She slapped his chest and he pulled her fist away.

"We don't hit people, Daise," He said with a smile. She began to cry and he rubbed her back. "Shh."

"Mama?" She asked, wiping at her face as she looked up. Y/N turned from her conversation with e/w. "Mama sleep?"

"Yeah, I'll sleep soon," She said. Daisy nodded and turned back to Grayson. He kissed her head and she pulled his sunglasses off of his head. IT poked him in the eye.

"Ow-"

"Me?" She asked, trying to put them on. Gray tried and slipped off of her head. She frowned and started to cry again.

"Hey," He paused, setting it on her head and holding it in place. "See?" She tried to look up at it. "Daddy'll hold it on for you while you nap okay?" James rolled into his side.

"Jay?" She asked. She poked him and Gray was quick to pull her arm away.

"Let's let him sleep, yeah?" Daisy rested her head down on his chest and blinked up at him. The second her hands curled up into fists he grinned. "Mhm, I thought so."

"Not sleepy," She mumbled. He grinned.

"Definitely not."

---

"You're like gonna get sunburnt, let's go," E/W sighed, pulling on Gray's arm. He startled away and pressed a hand to Daisy's back out of instinct. "Come on, Gray."

"Huh?" He sat up, Daisy still asleep, her thumb in her mouth now. He held her up with one hand while e/w slowly shook James awake. "What's happenin'?"

"We're going out for dinner?" Grayson frowned. "Let her sleep, wake her up after you've changed her or else she'll fuss." Grayson stood, stretching his legs out. Daisy on his shoulder, he wiped away the sand that covered his body.

He turned to see Ethan wrapping Rose in a towel, then Yves. He stretched his free arm and helped e/w pack up their stuff. "Where's y/n?" He asked.

"No idea, she and Lily went to find seashells and never came back. He frowned and moved Daisy to the other side of his chest. James waddled around, grabbing his leg. "Hey, baby, you wanna carry this for mama?" E/W asked James. He turned to her and took the little bag of toys. "Thank you."