12 ↠ LESSER OF TWO EVILS

CHAPTER TWELVE: LESSER OF TWO EVILS

➴ ➵ ➶ ➴ ➵ ➶

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Ricky questioned from the passenger seat of Margo's car. Margo's hazel eyes lifted from her hands that gripped the steering wheel tightly. To the red motel in front of her, more specifically the door with the room number 110, the room where her father was staying at. Margo hadn't seen her father since the day she came back from the Glen Capri motel. She honestly hadn't planned on talking to him for a while, she was going to have Ricky feed her information from Chandler as long as she could.

Things were different now, things have changed. Margo needed to know more about what she can do, the only way to figure it out is to talk to her father. Margo didn't want to ever be too late again when it came down to her friends. Margo had taken Boyd's death hard, she shut herself off to her friends. Her door was locked and her phone was shut off. Margo only talked to Isaac and Ricky, well it was barely talking just nods of her head and hums. If she had a choice she would've blocked Isaac and Ricky out too, but the werewolves were quite persistent. Margo would use a different word than persistent, probably annoying.

Margo felt Boyd's death weighing her down, it felt so heavy she was struggling to stand up straight, and if she let go, Margo would fall right to the floor. It never mattered how many times her friends reassured her that Boyd's death wasn't on her hands. Margo felt like it was, and the only way she felt like she could make it right was getting stronger in her abilities, and actually going through with the worst plan ever, letting Ennis in.

"Weren't you the one who wanted me to talk to my dad?" Margo breathed out, her eyebrows quirked up. Ricky let out a sigh, his head falling back into the headrest.

"I did — I do, I just want you to be ready" Ricky answered. Margo swallowed the lump in her throat while looking at the window, her eyes catching onto anything that wasn't the door in front of her or her cousin.

"I don't think I'll ever be ready," Margo whispered to herself, but Ricky's hearing picked up on it. "I can't be selfish though. It's not going to help my friends and it didn't help — "

"Boyd?" Ricky finished for her, finally, her head turned to look into her cousin's dark chocolate colored eyes. Margo blinked her tears away as she nodded her hand answering the question. "Should I call Isaac?" Ricky reached for his phone, Margo put her hand on his shoulder to stop him. He slid his phone back into his pocket.

"Isaac can't know, he'll try and stop me" Margo added. Her teeth chewed on the inside of her cheek. She pulled her hand away from his shoulder, her hands fell into her lap.

"Why can't he know that you're going to your dad for help?" Ricky asked slowly, this seemed like something Isaac should know, right? Margo was acting jumpy, something wasn't right with her.

"Then I have to tell him why I'm doing this" Margo explained, she taped her perfectly manicured nails onto the steering wheel. Margo shifted in her seat so she sat up straight.