When We Were Young

When We Were Young -  Lost Kings, Norma Jean Martine

The sound of a phone ringing broke through the room. "Ughhhh Octaiva your phones ringing," a tired Clarke says as she rolls over onto her stomach.

"Octaviaaaaaaa," she says again while she pokes a sleeping Octavia.

"Mmmmphhh," Octavia grumbles, "You get it." Not soon after those words were said, Octavia fell sound asleep again. Clarke reached over Octavia to grab the phone, too tired to check what the called ID says. She pressed the accept button and held the phone up to her ear, "Octavia get out of bed and come answer the door! I've been ringing your doorbell for a while now! And don't even tell me that your not home because I see your car in the driveway and I know that Lincoln is out of town so you can't use his car- ughhhh nevermind just get your ass down here to open the door," an all too familiar husky voice says from the other side of the phone. 

This isn't real

It's all in my head

I can feel it

I'm imagining this

Can I wake up from this dream?

Roll over, fall back to sleep please

As soon as Clarke hears this voice she jumps up from her place on the couch and makes her way to the door. "Octavia?" the voice asks again, Clarke feels her throat closing up and hold back a sob as she opens the door. 

For a second, for a minute can we go?

She makes her way outside to try to get a look at the man who was on the phone with her, even though she knew exactly who it was. 

For a second for a minute can we go?

The minute she got a view of the familiar figure she froze, Bellamy. "Octavia I swear to god if you-" Bellamy said but cut himself off as he turned around to see a disheveled looking Clarke holding up Octavias phone up to her ear.

Can we go back when we were young

And didn't care is we messed up?

We have forever so we got lost in each other

'Cause time wasn't catching, time wasn't catching us

So many emotions flashed through Bellamy's eyes, Clarke couldn't tell which is which. Bellamy dropped his phone in surprise. "Clarke," he whispered under his breath almost as if it was all a dream.

*flashback start*

"Bellamy don't drop me!" Clarke yelled as she felt his hands go around her waist to stabilize her on the log they were balancing on.

"Don't worry princess, I'm not gonna drop you." Bellamy told her and placed a reassuring kiss on her lips, soon enough the two got lost in the kiss and ending up making out in their swimsuits while balancing on the log. Suddenly the log shook and they both fell into the water. When they resurfaced they were splashed with more water.

"Murphy!" Clarke yelled.

They were splashed again, "Not Murphy!" Raven yelled. Clarke whipped around to see Murphy and Raven treading near them with sly smiles on their faces.

"WATER FIGHT!" Octavia yelled as she backflipped into the lake, splashing Bellamy once again.

"Seriously, O?" Bellamy said as he combed his curls back with his fingers, giving him a slick back look that made Clarke's face go red from staring. As soon as Bellamy made eye contact with her she quickly pretended to look at a tree, causing her face to go even more red. A smirk grew across Bellamy's face and he yelled, "WATER FIGHT!"

Suddenly everyone was splashing one another and trying to find shelter from the waves. Bellamy swam up to Clarke, grabbing her waist from under the water and causing her to squirm.

"Hey, hey just me." Bellamy said as he got out of the water, taking her hand and leading her off.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"You'll see," he replied, not looking back at her. Soon enough they came upon a waterfall. Clarke gasped.

"Wow Bellamy, it's beautiful." Clarke said in awe.

"That's not even the best part," he said with a smirk, leading her past the waterfall to a secluded slab of land behind it.

"And why might this be the best part?" Clarke asked knowing exactly where he was going with this.

"I think you already know," he whispered into her ear. Clarke bit her lip in a seductive way as she looked up to Bellamy with a special glint in her eyes. She pushed herself up onto her toes and kissed him passionately, Bellamy returned the action and swept her legs up so they wrapped around his waist. They continued on and ended up laying there, naked, sweaty, limbs tangled.

*flashback end*

Back when we were young

And didn't care if we messed up

We have forever so we got lost in each other

'Cause time wasn't catching, time wasn't catching us

Clarke felt as if the world around her froze and it was only the two of them. Her blue eyes caught his brown ones and inhaled a quiet sharp breath. 

"Bellamy..."

*****

yayayaya second chapter doneeeee :)

- B