Chapter Twenty-eight--Girls Day (also an important message at the end)

~One Week Later~

It was currently 9AM, and Melanie was just finishing up an application for her clinical hours next semester. Her phone then starts ringing, signaling a FaceTime call from Devin.

The Suns went on a few road games-one in San Antonio to play the Spurs and finished a game against the Kings in Sacramento last night. They were now in Washington D.C. to play the Wizards tonight and are immediately on the plane to LA after the game. They had two more games before the season ended, unfortunately, since they weren't going to the playoffs-one against the Lakers in LA and one against the Heat at home.

She answers the phone and immediately smiles once Devin's face pops up on the screen. "Hi, baby," she says.

Devin smiles at her. "Morning, mamas," he says, packing his backpack. "What are you up to?"

Melanie takes a deep breath. "Nothing much," she replies. "I just finished up an application for my clinical hours, and now I'm gonna go get ready to spend the day with Maddie and Rachel." She closes the laptop and turns her attention to her boyfriend. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing," he replies. "I'm just making sure I'm ready for warm-ups in a couple hours, and then Imma get something to eat with Kelly and Deandre in a bit." He closes his backpack and grabs his phone so he can look at her before sitting on the bed. He smiles as she adjusts herself so she's sitting against the headboard. "You're so beautiful." She was wearing glasses instead of contacts, so he thought she was absolutely gorgeous.

She blushes at his words and starts getting shy. "Thank you."

He smirks at the effect he still has on her. "I still make you shy, mamas?"

She turns even more red. "Stop." She moves the camera away from her face, and Devin laughs at her actions.

Devin stops laughing but keeps a smile on his face as he lays back on the bed. "Babe, come back."

Melanie still keeps her red face hidden. "No."

Devin gives her a pout, knowing she can still see him. "Please, mamas." Melanie sighs and gives in, showing her still very red face again. He smiles more upon seeing her face. "Hi, beautiful."

Melanie blushes even more. "Hi."

Devin smiles as he looks at her. "What are you doin' with Maddie and Rachel?"

Melanie thinks for a minute. "Um, well, Rach scheduled a hot yoga class for us at 11, so we're gonna go to that."

Devin gives her a shocked look. "Shit, hot yoga?" Melanie nods at him. "Damn, babe. Y'all are gonna die." Mel actually does yoga sometimes, even got Devin into it. But she's never tried hot yoga.

Melanie makes a face. "I know, but Rachel's been raving about it, so Maddie and I wanna check it out."

Devin nods. "Let me guess: Rachel threatened Maddie by saying that she was gonna tell Ben about Maddie's feelings for him?" Fun fact, Ben and Maddie recently started talking and have hit it off pretty well. Melanie nods as they start laughing. "What else do you have planned?"

Melanie thinks for a bit as she gets out of bed and heads to the bathroom. "I'm getting my hair done today, and Rach and Maddie are gonna tag along."

Devin gets excited. "Ooh, how are you getting it done?" He doesn't think she needs to change anything about herself, but that doesn't mean he hates when she pampers herself. She works way too hard, and she deserves to be spoiled.

Melanie thinks for a bit. "Um, I don't know." She sets the phone upright against a box of her contacts. "I'm probably gonna dye it." She starts playing with her hair as she looks in the mirror.