Chapter Thirty-"Schnavery" Gender Reveal!

The Next Day:

It was now two days before Melanie and Devin had to leave for Miami. But first, it was Schneider and Avery's gender reveal party. The planning and setting up was in full swing.

Schneider and Avery were in Melanie and Devin's kitchen, trying all the samples of the cupcakes Melanie made a ton of. Besides Schneider and Avery, there were other people over, too. Well, everyone Melanie forced to help, like Kelly, Rachel, Maddie, and Ben. Yes, Ben Simmons was here-the Sixers were unfortunately taken out in the first round of the playoffs. Devin was there by default-he has a hard time saying no to his girlfriend, especially when she's sleep deprived.

Schneider and Avery take a sample of the chocolate and vanilla cupcakes that are gonna be served. They take a bite from each sample cupcake and moan blissfully as the cupcakes melt in their mouths. Melanie looks at them with a hopeful look on her face. "So?" she asks them.

Schneider talks first. "Best cupcake I've ever had," he says.

Avery nods. "This chocolate one is to die for," she says. She was mostly glad Melanie wasn't making red velvet cupcakes (even though they were Melanie's favorite cupcake).

Melanie claps, excitedly. "Yay!" she squeals. "I'm so glad you guys like it cuz tomorrow is your gender reveal, and your only jobs are to be happy." She walks into the dining room, where everyone was sitting. All of a sudden, her demeanor changes to a demanding one. "Listen up, grunts!" she calls out.

Everyone immediately gets alert but do not make eye contact. The last thing you wanna do with Mel when she's like this is make eye contact. Melanie starts walking around the table, with a clipboard in her hand. "In exactly fifty-two minutes, we have the final venue walk through," she says.

Kelly looks confused. "Isn't the venue just Schneider's backyard?" he asks.

Melanie snaps her head at him. "Shut it." She starts leaning in to his ear as he refuses to look at her. "I am going on no sleep and five espresso shots. Do you really wanna mess with me right now?"

Kelly has a look of fear and looks like he's about to piss himself. "No, ma'am."

Melanie stands up straight and continues to hammer them. "We also have exactly 19 hours to set everything up. I hope everyone did what they're assigned to do." She looks at Maddie and Rachel. "Maddie, Rachel, how are the centerpieces and balloon arch coming?"

Maddie is the first to reply. "I have all the supplies for the centerpieces in my car and ready to be set up on the tables," she says, earning a nod of approval from Melanie.

Rachel also nods. "I called the guy whose delivering the balloon arch," she says. "We are on schedule, and it will be in the backyard tomorrow at 8AM."

Melanie nods at them. "Great. Dismissed." The two of them leave to make sure everything was ready to be set up, leaving the boys with Melanie's wrath. The boys look at them desperately as the mumble "no no no." Melanie looks at Ben. "Simmons." Ben stays in his seat and refuses to make eye contact. "How's the drink menu looking?"

Ben pulls up the menu on his phone. "Nothing with alcohol, just like you asked," he says, showing her his phone. "Just gotta print out the menu."

Melanie nods, impressed. "Great," she says.

Ben smiles cheekily at her. "Yeah, speaking of which, can I borrow your printer?" Melanie gives him a dirty look, making him scared. At the other side of the table, Devin was putting his head in his hands in disappointment. Ben nods at himself. "Ya know what? I'll just go somewhere else to do that."

Melanie starts looking a little more mad. "And you better."

Ben nods as he starts getting up. "Yes, ma'am," he says. He scrambles out of the dining room and out the house to go somewhere that prints out photo papers.