Chapter 2: Great, More Monsters

I reappeared in the kitchen. My mom was feeding Estelle while Paul was at Goode preparing for the new school year.

My mom immediatly noticed that I had come home early. She asked, "Your home early?"

I nodded, "Hope, the girl that comes to draw, she fell into the shark tank. No one went in to save her, so I did. I got fired because I took my shirt off because it's a 'kid friendly' place and I wasn't certified to be in the tank."

"Oh, Percy," my mom said as she came to comfort me. "You did the right thing."

"I know."

My mom scolded, "Now go dry yourself off. Estelle's going to slip on the puddles."

I smirked, "Sorry, mom."

Time Skip to Dinner Time

"Percy," my mom called, "it's time for dinner."

I didn't know why, but suddenly I had the urge to take a walk. It was overwhelming. I don't know why, but I did.

However, it stopped the moment I walked into the kitchen.

My mom asked, "Percy, can you put Estelle in her highchair?"

As I picked her up, she said, "Perwy!"

Once she was settled, I felt the urge come back.

"Hey mom," I asked, "can I go take a walk? I need to clear my head."

She nodded, "Just be back in an hour."

I quickly changed into a hoodie and jeans before heading out.

The urge grew with every step I took. Like it was leading me somewhere.

I've never felt this before. Maybe it could be one of my domains.

After a few minutes, it stopped at an alley.

I said to myself, "Great job, Percy. You could've been eating blue cookies right now."

I was about to turn around when I heard a girl say, "Leave me alone! I'm not going to help you!"

I looked back into the alley, and I saw four people surrounding the girl I just heard.

Walking into the alley, I said, "You heard her. Leave her alone."

Once I was in the alley, I could see who the girl was. It was... Hope?

She warned, "Percy, get back, they'll hurt you."

I shook my head, "Better me than you."

Someone in the group scoffed, "Percy Jackson? That wimp. I could take him in my sleep."

For some reason, that voice sounded very familiar, until the person who it belonged to stepped closer. My former bully at Meriwether College Prep. Matt Sloan.

He had gotten taller, but not as tall as me. I was 6'3, and he was about 5'11. He still had shaggy black hair, and his eyes still looked like a pit bull. But, his taste in clothes got better. He continued to wear expensive name brands like Gucci, but now they fit him much better.

Matt continued, "However, I don't want his blood on my Air Forces."

Instead he looked me in the eyes and said, "You're going to forget everything that you've just seen, and then go home."

What he was doing to me felt like Piper's charmspeak, except 20x less powerful. How long had he been able to do that?

I said, "How about no."

His eyes widened, "That's not possible."

Alarm bells started to go off in my head.

He said, "In that case, I'll have to kill you."

Hope shouted, "No! Don't hurt him!"

Sloan lunged at me faster than any human could. Good thing I'm not one.

I side stepped and punched him in the face with my godly strength. I didn't want to risk using Riptide, especially with Hope here. She's still a mortal, and I really don't want to explain my life to her right now.

He clutched his face, "Since when could you punch like that?"

I punched him one more time, knocking him out cold.

His friends stepped away from Hope and at me. I'm guessing that they're monsters like him.

I punched one in the place where Apollo doesn't shine, and another in the gut.

They both doubled down in pain.

They final attacker thrust his long arms at my chest, like he was trying to grab my shirt or something.

I couldn't move backwards, and walls of the alley were way to close for me to dodge. So, I stepped forward.

He clearly wasn't expecting that, and moved his hand back. I kicked him in the shin, before knocking him out with a punch to the face.

For a second, Hope looked shocked. However, she quickly composed herself before saying, "Come on, we need to get out of here."

I nodded, "Let's head to my place. Then, you can explain to me what exactly happened. Who were they? What were they?"

She sighed, "Let's go, before they wake up."

I opened the door and saw my mom, Paul, and Estelle watching Finding Nemo in the living room. Paul asked, "Who's this?"

"Oh, this is Hope," I said, "She's a... friend. We'll be in my room."

Once the door was closed, I said, "You have some explaining to do."

Hope replied, "I know, but you have to come with me. To the Salvatore School. It's a safe place for people like us."

Great, another Hogwarts. WAIT, did she say 'us'?

I voiced the latter.

Hope nodded, "Don't worry. I'll explain everything when we get there."

I'm not going to away again. Even if it means not knowing what she means by 'us'. I'm not Annabeth. I can stand not knowing a few things.

I said, "Thanks for the offer, but no thanks."

Hope shook her head, "Do you really think that those people in the alley are alone. There's more of them in the city. They will find where you live."

"Then I'll take care of them like I did in the alley."

She shook her head again, "Even if you could, your family would be in danger every time they step out of this apartment. You need to come with me, otherwise they won't be safe."

I heavily considered this. I may be immortal, but my family wasn't. Deep down, I knew Hope was right.

I nodded.

Hope gave a sigh of relief. She said, "Pack your things. We're going to Virginia."