Chapter 2

Addison's P.O.V

The sun disturbed me as usual the next morning as well as the screeching of the alarm on my old flip phone. I still got up, shaking my head and stretching to wake my brain up with the rest of my body.

"Addison!" A sudden knocking on my door made me jump, "Get up and get ready! I don't want you to miss breakfast before school!"

"I'm up!" I call back, still groggy.

After I broke through the sleepy stage of my morning I got up. I went ahead to my closet and decided to get dressed in a long sleeved grey shirt with the front of it tucked into a pair black jeans and my black sneakers. I left my hair down again and grabbed my plain pastel aqua backpack for school as well as my phone. Before I walked out of my room I remembered to go back to my nightstand and put on my locket.

I left my room in a quick rush and made it downstairs before I missed breakfast which I would get in trouble for. Blake came down right after me with his black sling backpack thrown over his shoulder wearing a white t-shirt, black jeans and sneakers with a black letterman jacket over top that had white sleeves.

"Eat your breakfast you two." Layla handed us each a small bowl of oatmeal for us to eat.

We all ate our breakfast together, chatting casually as we stood at the counter and waited for the time to roll by. Right as I finished Layla stepped her way closer to me like she was looking for something on me. Her slender fingers then pulled at my locket to look at it closely.

"Oh, what a beautiful necklace." She commented, turning it over in her hands to see all around it.

I gestured my head over to Blake who was standing next to me, "Blake picked it out at the mall yesterday."

"Did he?"

"And look." I opened it up to show her the pictures inside.

"Oh sweet pea." She gasped out in delight, "It's beautiful."

She hugged me tight right after, "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

"And so do I." Blake joined in on the hug from behind me.

Layla pulled away slightly and ran her hands down the sides of my head to smooth my hair down, "You'll never leave us, right?"

"Of course not."

"Good." She kissed my forehead then looked at the stove to check the clock digitally displayed on it, "Alright, go along you two or you'll be late for school."

"Bye mom." Blake kissed Layla's cheek.

Blake and I left out the door to the garage and Blake drove us to school in his silver car. Pulling up to the school parking lot there was already a bunch of kids there hanging around and going into the building. Blake opened the car door for me and we walked into school together hand in hand. Kids buzzed around us in the halls with their friends or minding their own business, savoring the last few moments of freedom before they had to drag themselves to their classes for the day. Blake did like he always does when we first got to school which was walking me to my first class for the day. Since Blake was a year older then me we didn't have any classes together.

When we reached my first period he turned to me and placed a warm kiss on top of my head, "Have a good day."

"You too."

He walked away to get to his own class so I turned on my heel and went into my classroom for the morning which was English, sitting down in my seat and fiddling with anything I could find as I waited for the bell to ring. During the entire class we just read over a book which wasn't too bad. Then I had math which was a little worse because I'm terrible at it, then off to history which I wasn't entirely excited for either.