1

CHAPTER 39

Bambam's POV

We immediately run into her room, tears are flowing, heart beating fast. Hindi ko alam kung gaano kabilis yung tibok ng puso ko sa pagkakataon na 'yon, ang alam ko lang natatakot ako. Paano kung hindi niya na ako makita? Paano kung yung madilim niyang mundo ay mas lalong magdilim? It's been a week since we get here. Isang linggo na namin siyang binabantayan. Isang linggo na siyang hindi ngumingiti, simula noong araw na nanggaling siya sa France. Sa dulo ng mata ko, nakita ko ang pigura niya. My heart was fucking broke for I don't know how long and how much. The badass Lalisa Manoban was nowhere to be found.
Dara: Lisa...
Dara mumbled breathlessly, the tears strolled down her cheeks. Every tear she releases signifies how painful it is for her to see her little sister striving to live. Lisa looked up, but she didn't utter a word. Of course she won't say any. Instead of waiting for Lisa's reply, Dara immediately run into her for an embrace. An everlasting one. Is it a farewell hug? I looked down feeling frustrated. How did I even let this happen? I am such a worthless being for not saving the best bestfriend in the whole wide world.
Lisa: ....how's Jennie?
were the words she uttered breaking the long silence that enveloped the whole room.

*** FLASHBACK ***

We run, run, run, trying to save our lives. We run endlessly trying to protect ourselves. The night was too dark, the sound of the dark was too dangerous. The danger coming towards our way was deadly. No one dared to stop. No one dared to look back. No one dared to even let out a small noise that will lead us to a very much danger. Guiding my sister in my arms, I felt the urge to protect her and my niece, as well as my bestfriend. The scene was just too painful to even remember. Everyone was crying in silence. Their sobs are quiet. It was deadly yet safe. Until the voice of a baby crying echoed through the alley they are hiding. The mother of the child-the real one- tried to comfort the crying angel. But the mother itself is trembling. She was nervous, afraid for her life, for her lover's life, for her brother, and of course for her little angle which looks so much like her.
Jennie: ....Ella... please.....s..stop crying...
She quietly mumbled between her silent sobs. She stopped. She was tired.
Lisa: ...Jennie... let me carry Ella...
The blonde woman which happens to be my bestfriend requested her wife. She was hurting seeing her beloved wife tired.
Lisa: ...please Jennie...
Jennie looked up to her, they hide, we all hide. Afraid that the demons will come and get us. The brunette handed her baby to my blonde bestfriend.
Lisa: Come on....let's continue running...
She bravely said. Her face was full of bruises, she can't even run properly. By the looks on her face, you can definitely see that she was too tired to fight. But when you look deepy in her eyes, it says otherwise. Her eyes tells that she's hoping for all of us to live freely. Damn the selflessness she possess. Jennie shook her head.... sobbing in pure silence.
Jennie: ...we can't hide forever...
The blonde's eyes softens. Pain was written on her face.
Lisa: What do you mean Jennie?
I was just there, watching such an emotional scenery.
Jennie: ....they will not stop, Lisa..... They won't stop .....until they get me....
Lisa's brows raised in confusion.
Jennie: ..we have to stop running....i-it's nonsense...
Tears roll down my eyes.
Lisa: No fuck Jennie! We can't give up now!
Lisa raised her voice in demand. Instead of answering, Jennie hug her from behind.
Jennie: ...you are tired Lisa... everyones tired... if we continue escaping, if we keep on escaping... we will not solve any problems ahead of us.
Jennie pulled out from the embrace, she moved so that she can face Lisa. She cupped Lisa's cheeks.
Bambam: ...I... I can hold Ella...
I uttered. Both of them looked at me, no one's answering by words. But Lisa raised her lover's daughter as an access for me to take. Binuhat ko si Ella.
Lisa: We can't give up now Jennie....
Sure Lisa was crying. Jennie caressed her cheeks, wiping Lisa's tears off.
Jennie: We are not giving up Liz..... that would never happen...
Jennie spoke in pure assurance.
Jennie: But we can't run forever and you knew it.
Her words hit me. We can't run away forever.
Jennie: Everyone can escape their reality....but no one can do it forever.
Both of them were crying, they were tearing apart.
Jennie: I.... I love you Lisa...
Jennie gasped.
Jennie: I love you fucking much. I loved you too much that I can't go on a single day without you...
Jennie: I love you so much that I can allow people to leave my side but not you.
Jennie broke down, she hides herself on the crook of Lisa's neck. God.
Jennie: And you did so much for me... you broke your life for me... you have saved me and I won't allow you to break down again...
Lisa: N-No Jennie...
My sister pulled out. My eyes widen. She walked backwards.
Jennie: I have to do this Lisa. Please forgive me.
Before Jennie could run, Lisa quickly grabbed her arms.
Lisa: No Jennie! No you're not going to be there! You will not go back to them! They will destroy you Jennie!
My sister let their foreheads rest on each other's.
Jennie: My father maybe a monster now..... but he's still my father. I know deep down his heart, he loved me.
Lisa: But my dad Jennie! He is a fucking monster!
Jennie: I have made them to be like that!
Lisa: No! It's not your freaking fault.
Jennie: It's my fault Lisa. It was all because of my stupidity. I destroyed your life Lisa! I fucking destroy everything you have--
Lisa: No Jennie because as long as I have you my life was never destroyed!!
Lisa broke down.
Lisa: It was my fault. Jennie. And I am sorry for that.
Napaluhod si Lisa. My tears flow endlessly too.
Lisa: I am sorry it was all my fault.
Sinuntok suntok niya yung sarili niya habang umiiyak, walang magawa si Jennie kundi ang yakapin na lang siya. Para panuorin silang dalawa ipaglaban at isakripisyo yung kung anong meron sa kanila, kailangan mo ng matinding lakas ng loob.
Lisa: I shouldn't have let them take you! I was fucking coward! Hindi kita naprotektahan!
Jennie hug her tightly.
Lisa: T-They will fucking pay for this Jennie! I swear I will make them pay but please don't go...
Jennie didn't respond, instead she cried and cried and cried.
Lisa: I will.... I will fucking try hard to cook for you. I will be a fucking good mother to your daughter.... I will be fucking better Jennie.... Just please... Just please don't go... this can't afford the heartbreak..
She pointed at her heart.
Jennie: I love you Lisa. I can't afford to see them hurting you again just because you keep on hiding us, you protected us.
Jennie wiped her tears off.
Jennie: I have to go to them and beg for their forgiveness. I have to save you, Ella, and Bambam.
Jennie kissed Lisa's forehead.
Jennie: But if anything happens..... if anything happens and I won't be able to make it... to be back.... just please promise me Lisa....
Lisa: No Jennie! Please fucking no!
Jennie: Shhh... love.... please don't make it harder....
Jennie pecks Lisa all over her face with kisses.
Jennie: If I can't be back..... just please note in mind that I did everything to survive.
Jennie let out a sigh before cupping Lisa's face.
Jennie: You gave me hope when everything fall apart. You brought me strength when I don't have the will to fight for myself. You gave me everything Lisa.... you're everything I could ask for. Just please be happy... protect Ella.... because whether she's not yours.... that little angel believed she's yours. Please love her the same way you do to me.
She kissed Lisa's forehead.
Jennie: She'll always have her mommy Jennie by her side. I love you.
The smile Jennie emits. It was... it was the saddest smile I could ever encounter in my life.

*** END OF FLASHBACK ***

Lisa: I want to see her...
Lisa stood up, trying hard not to fall while her eyes were covered in white.