14

CHAPTER 49

L I S A

"Kiss me, Jennie."

My heart started to thump loudly, increase its pace faster than steady.

My eyes fixated on her lips, silently praising the thick red lipstick she's wearing.

My soul felt different, as if it was enthralled. I suddenly felt the longing...

to kiss her lips,

to hold her in my arms,

to feel her heart beating for me.

Some may laugh at me if I told them I never had the chance to change the person I love even after a long time of being separated. Of course, they wouldn't believe that loving someone for a long time without seeing another aside from them is possible.

I understand why they learn that way.

Maybe, just maybe, they still hasn't felt how it feels to love someone that way. It is not the kind of love that everyone got to feel in just a little time.

That kind of love is learned,

for a long time.

"N-No!"

I was brought back to reality when she yelled directly at my face. Sa halip na masaktan, natuwa ako. Dahil sa unang pagkakataon sa muli naming pagkikita, nakita ko ang dating siya.

It was like the first time we met.

She has this kind of aura,

and I will tell you, it is most definitely scary.

I just raised my brow instead of responding verbally.

She backed off, blushing.

"Are you out of your mind?! Why would I kiss you?"

I gently pulled away too.

"I don't know, ask yourself why you have to kiss me." I said while shrugging, giving her no glance as I pulled out my phone from my pocket.

"Lisa, I didn't mean to be rude okay? But you have to respect me and my husband."

"Wala naman akong sinabing hindi ko kayo nirerespeto?"

"I am not stupid, Lisa. You being this way already proved you have something planned in your mind." she said softly, trying to avoid being mad.

"You're overreacting, Jennie. I am not planning anything."

I rolled my eyes.

Yes, I am planning to get you back, Jennie.

"Aba! 'wag mo 'kong tinitirikan ng mata d'yan!" she hissed.

Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay.

"You're crazy, J. Come on, take me to the nearest hospital." I told her.

"Crazy? Ako? Baliw?"

Pinanliitan ko siya ng mata.

"Bakit hindi ba?"

"Yah!"

Humagalpak naman ako ng tawa.

Some things never change.

"Ang dami mong sinasabi, dalhin mo na lang ako sa ospital."

"Wow. Excuse me huh, nakikisakay ka lang sa sasakyan ko tapos uutusan mo pa ako?"

My lips curved into a smile.

I didn't respond, instead I just glance at the side window as she started her engine again.