thirteen

⚓ ⚓ ⚓

⚓ ⚓ ⚓

Ellie Brooker had never been one to share her feelings with anyone, not even her family, but somehow on that day, she was able to tell it all, not just a little bit. As she finished her long rant, it was night time once more, Ellie knowing she would have to be home tonight. "Thanks for listening to my rant," Said Ellie, looking behind the blonde boy to see the baby photo of John B—newborn baby photo to be exact.

"Oh, yeah, it's fine, princess," he says, Ellie walking behind him to look at the same photo that she had seen before. "What's up with you and that picture anyway? Where'd you see it at?"

As Ellie examined the photo closer, she realized where it was from, knowing that it was crazy. "This picture, it's in my locket," Ellie takes the heart shaped locket out from behind her shirt, opening it up to reveal two baby pictures—one that was hers, and one that was John B's. "I always thought that this person was my dad, but I don't think that John B is a dad,"

"That's weird," Said JJ, taking a hit of his joint.

When Ellie arrived at her house, she saw her mother sitting in the dining room with papers scattered everywhere. "Hey, mom, did you ever know who the other person was in my locket?" She asks, her mother looking up from her papers.

"No. I always assumed it was your father, darling." Melodi says, a smile on her lips. "Why don't we order take-out, I heard they were delivering from the mainland?" Ellie nods and goes up to her room, grabbing one of her favorite books—After—and sitting on her balcony to read it. She had always loved the book, hoping that one day she would find love as Tessa did. Even if it was with the bad guy of society, she knew that either way she would find a way to love him.

Once she finally put the book down, she looked up, the night sky shining down on her. It was only minutes after that a noise was heard from the bottom of her balcony. "What the fuck?" She says, JJ standing there with a smile on his lips.

"Do you still have that extra room open?" He asked, Ellie shaking her head no.

"I mean we do, but my mom is using it as an area to keep her papers, we have more, just no more that connect to my room," JJ climbs up to the balcony, Ellie sighing. "Why do you need it this time?" She asks.

"I was kicked out of his house until they could find his uncle," Ellie welcomes him into her room. "If you want we could both sleep in that bed, maybe even do a little—"

"That's enough," she says, holding her hand out. "But I can let you sleep in the pool house until it's done. There's two beds in there." Ellie walks to her door, opening it slightly to see if anyone was outside, her mother immediately eyeing her.