Chapter 8

Mark and I sat awkwardly on the couch. Our ordeal that just happened almost wasn't addressed. What were we suppose to do? I have no idea what the fuck even happened. I sipped on my hot chocolate, not really looking at Mark. How were we suppose to address this?

After a while, Mark decided to speak. "Uh...yeah...sorry 'bout that."

What am I suppose to say? 'Oh, no problem' 'It's fine.' 'It doesn't matter.' Of course it fucking matters!! It's not okay!! I just nodded like I wasn't screaming in my head. What was that even? I stopped playing dumb and addressed it directly. "What was that? You were about to kill me back there!" 

Maybe I was overreacting, but I don't think being afraid to die is something to mess with. Mark simply looked down, "Legan, I'm sorry. I never meant to. I thought...." He sighed. 

I ran my hand through my hair. Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on him. I mean, he did look like he was in his own daze. Maybe he wasn't aware of his actions. I need to give him a break. "What did you see? What was so important that you were willing to kill me over?" 

He sighed and prepared himself to explain, "You remember I'm a YouTuber right?" I nodded, a bit annoyed, "I don't know for sure...but I have anxiety attacks. I've had them ever since I started playing horror games daily. When my life goes aray, everything just slows down and I lose control. It just starts to spiral..." 

I kinda felt bad. Anxiety attacks. I never had them personally, but my best friend did. She killed herself from it. I remember going to her funeral. I remember why it was only me and my brother because everyone else just thought she was crazy. People were glad she was gone. She'd scream every night. I wonder how close Mark was to facing that same fate as her. 

"I know. I'm crazy. It's a wonder I can take care of myself." Mark said. I didn't know if he was trying to get pity out of me, or he really felt that way. I got closer to him. So far, it was working with this pity thing. I decided to hug him like I did before. He seemed better when I held him, but now...it was more awkward. Really awkward. I didn't think I could last. 

Mark cleared his throat and I backed off. Maybe I out did it. I didn't know what I was doing. I barely knew how to control myself. Oh, my gawd. Oh, my gawd. Oh, my gawd. What the hell am I doing? I need to leave. I need to vanish off the face of the Earth. I can't do this anymore. WHY AM I SO AWKWARD!

"Yeah, I've had anxiety since my teens and since my dad died, it's been...worse..." It took my by suprise that he told me something like that. I would've never told anybody. Letting them into my life like that. Something that's dear to me. 

We both knew this awkwardness between us had to change. I got up and walked towards Mark's room where my old clothes had been. I picked up my jeans and got my ID from my pocket. I thought this was a big ice breaker between me and him. I went back to the front and simply handed him my card. 

He didn't take it immediately. He looked at me, "Your ID? I honestly didn't even think you had one."

I glared at him on accident, "What's that suppose to mean?" 

Mark reached his pocket and grabbed his wallet, giving me his card. "Sorry, you never drove a car, so I always assumed." 

I took his card as he took mine. I read it. "Mark Edward Fischbach. 25 years old. Brown eyes. Wears Glasses." Nothing too surprising coming from it. But, it was nice to know that he was actually what he said. He didn't lie to me. I was kinda really happy about that. 

Then he suddenly looked up at me, "Your birthday was yesterday!!?" I jumped. I wasn't ready for his suddenly exciting tone of voice. But yeah, I totally forgot my birthday. It wasn't very special when my brother isn't around. But I smiled as if it didn't bother me. I nodded at Mark. "Why didn't you tell me!?" 

I shrugged, "Uh...didn't really think it was important." 

Mark suddenly got really hyper and excited, "Of course birthdays are important! Are you crazy!? We need to go celebrate! Now!!" Mark grabbed my hand and started dragging me out the door. I was confused. I wasn't even sure what was going on. 

Mark dragged me down the hall and into the elevator. "Mark, what are we doing?" I fixed my hair since it had gone everywhere. I had been so shaken up, it was so dizzying. 

Mark looked at me with a look in his eye that told me he was up to something. The question was what? "Oh, you'll see."