Chapter 31

Midoriya's POV

A week had passed since we returned to the cabin in the woods. Things seemed calm, me and Shoto were happy at least and that's all that really mattered. No sign of those red eyes again either, which was definitely a relief.

A soft light peered into the room. Shoto wasn't next to me, instead a delicious aroma filled the air. He must be cooking. I pulled the blankets back to be exposed to the chilled air and made my way into the small kitchen.

"Good morning." Shoto told me as he pushed some scrambled eggs onto a plate. "I hope you're hungry."

I sat down at the table and began eating. "Thank you for the meal, Shoto. It's really good."

"I'm glad you like it." He patted my head. "How are you feeling today?"

"I'm okay, just a little sore now and then." I admit.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Shoto asked.

I shook my head and finished eating. He then took my empty plate and started washing it. "I can wash my own plate, you don't have to keep doing everything for me." I say.

"Nonsense." He tells me. "Would you like for me to rub your back once I'm finished cleaning up? Or perhaps there is something you'd like to do?"

I thought about it, a back rub would feel nice but I think I just want to cuddle next to the fire with him for a while instead. "No, that's okay. Could we just cuddle by the fire?"

"Of course we can." Shoto said as he finished cleaning the dishes. He quickly ran off to grab and blanket and returned to me, wrapping it around. "Would you like some hot coco?"

That certainly sounded delicious. "Can I try making it this time?"

"Sure, let's give it a try." Shoto got a mug from the top shelf and put it on the counter and then got a pot out for me. "Fill that with some water and set it on the stove top."

I set the pot in the sink and leaned over to turn the water on. After a good amount of water was in the pot, I turned the water off and set the now heavy pot onto the stove. Shoto turned the stove on and about five minutes later, the water started coming to a boil.

He then handed me a packet of coco mix. I tore it open and poured it into my mug. "This may be a little tricky..."

"Don't worry, I'll help you pour it into the mug without spilling it."

We both grabbed the handle and carefully poured the hot water into the mug. He took the pot and set it back on the stove before handing me a spoon. I stirred the water and coco mix until it was all mixed together.

I grabbed the mug and we made our way next to the fire. I sat in Shoto's lap, my back against one leg while my legs were over his other. I sipped the coco carefully not to burn my tongue. "It's really good." I say.

Shoto snuggled against me closer. His warmth was so comforting. Now that I think about it, Shoto always seemed warm. A normal vampires body temperature is always cold, I guess I just never realized since I don't usually snuggle up with vampires. It must be because of his unusual power, not that I minded. He's perfect.

A/N: If you enjoyed this chapter, follow me and leave a like for more updates! Thanks so much for reading! ÒwÓ