chapter 16

Santana pov.

I don't want to say it but we are now 3 months futher and rachel is still in coma.

They did decided 2,5 months ago to stop the medical coma. But she stayed in a natural coma. What really felt hard for her parents, blaine and i. The doctor didn't know how it came. They did a lot of test. But they have now clue how it comes she is in a coma now.

Her parents and blaine forst me to go back to work. So i did. but to tell you the truth i think of her every minute of every day. Ofcourse work keeps me distracted a bit. But futher than that i always think of her. Kurt helps me a lot to coop woth all this. He supports me and helps me eat.

Today i had a day free from work so i wanted to go to the hospital. I went to my car when i got a call. I looked at the screen and it was blaine.
B- come to the hospital now.
S- omg blaine you scare me. What is wrong?
B- SHE IS AWAKE. RACHEL IS AWAKE.
S- really? Omg. I am already on my way.
B- see you in a few minutes.

I laugh and i hang up the phone and jump happy into my car. I can't believe it that she is awake.

I drive towards the hospital and i run as hard as i can to her room.

I stopped right infront of her room and breath in and out before i open the door.

I open it slowly and i see her parents, blaine and rachel talking happy. I walk in and i can't help but cry out of joy. Rachel sees me and sits a bit up. She is still wearing her wig and a air mask.

"I missed you" i say soft and hug her tight.

"I missed you too" rachel said and we both started to cry untill i hear her breathing heavy. I let go of her.

Rachel gives me a smile and laid down again.

"So i slept for 3 months?" Rachel asked and shelby nodded.

"It were 3 long months without you hunny".she said and squeezed her daughters hand.

"Sorry to interupped all of you".we hear some one say and we look at the door and see the doctor walking in.

"We want to do some test with rachel"." She still has cancercells in her lungs"." We need to know if they grew the last 3 months"." We did some chemo therapy while you were in a coma"." So we need to find out how your lungs are" he said serious to rachel and rachel nodded.

"I slept for months"." So yeah"." I am ready" she said happy and i smiled at her. I gave her a kiss and her parents and blaine hugged her before we left the room. The wheeled rachel in her bed through the hall into a other room.

I looked at blaine who was smiling.

I smiled back at him.

And than we just waited untill they were done with rachel.

A half hour later they wheeled rachel back into her room and we walked back towards her. Waiting for the results.

We just talked about the last 3 months what rachel missed out.

"I am glad you got back to work san"." That is good for you"." And also for you blaine". She said looking from blaine to me.

"Yeah"." But it was hard".blaine said and i nodded.

The door went open and the doctor came in. With papers holding up in his hands and he smiled this time.

"I have the results and i want you all to sit down". He said and we all sat down beside rachel her bed.

"What i am going to say is that nobody from us ever expected"." But.. i am going to say this... rachel barbra berry"." You fight the cancer"." You are cancer free". He said and we all screamed out of joy.  Rachel cried her eyes out of happiness and ee all hugged her and i kissed her passionated.

"Congratulations Rachel". The doctor said and rachel smiled. "But how are my lungs?". She than asked and we all looked bacl at the doctor.

"The cancer killed some good cells in your lungs, so that brought scars"." That means your longs function is 40%". He said serious. I looked at rachel whp was shocked. "What does that mean?" She asked. "You need to have a oxygen mask for the rest of your life"." With that you cam function like a normal person"." But extreem sports"." Or heavy jobs will not be possible"."i am sorry" he said to rachel who was crying now.

"So.. i..i.. can't go om broadway?"."i mean singing?" She said upset.

"I wish i could say anything else"." But no"." I  sorry" he said and rachel cried and breath heavy. "Hunny, don't cry"." Be happy"." You beat cancer".shelby said amd hiram agreed.

"I know that mom"." But barbra gave me a chance to go back to broadway". She cried now harder.  But she started to cough. I sat down next to her in her bed and hold her close.  "Calm down rach"." You will find something else". I say and i feel her calm down in my arms.

"I have to go to other patients"." You can leave with in 5 days" he said and walked out. Rachel was still crying.

"Hunny please"." You need to be happy"." You quit broadway because you couldn't handle the stress"." You can go find something else" shelby said and rachel just looked at her not saying anything.

"Can you all please go?"." I want to be alone". She said and she pushed herself out of my embrasse and laid down on her side. I looked at blaine and her parents and they were worried.

"Okay rach". " we will come back later" blaine said and we all walked out of her room.

Her parents hugged each other happy. And smiled.

"I am so happy she is cancer free now" hiram said to shelby.

"Yes hunny me too"." I hope it will not return back" she said back.

I thought the same. I really hope the cancer will be gone forever.