Chapter Eleven

CHAPTER 11

"Friends are like stars. They come and go. But the ones that stay...are the ones that glow." -Unknown

All schools, including mine, shut down the next day. They were to open again in September, if not, later.

I don't know what else there is to say. School was over. Another bad thing added to my stress.

My family was in the middle of a movie--a great movie, too. At around 4:25, my mom turned on the TV to watch the COVID-19 update. Soon enough, it came on.

It talked about a lot of stuff. Not travelling, not attending gatherings, coughing and sneezing into the crook of your elbow. The basics. Nothing I didn't already know.

Then they said that all schools K-12 in Alberta were closing. I couldn't believe this was happening. Everything at school, my teachers, my friends--I was to see them in SEPTEMBER. Nonononononononono. I never got to say goodbye to my friends, I didn't have their numbers either. I immediately stood up and ran to my computer, then clicked onto my school website.

I go to my home page, and type: i just saw the coronavirus update...true school is closing until september?

I scroll down, but see nothing about others talking about the virus. I guess I was the first one to say something. Just then, a new post replies to my comment.

A guy from my class replies with a simple, yeh i think so. This is real. Alexis could die over our five month break. JACOB could die over our break. I remember the photos Bella sent me of her and Jacob's conversation. Jacob was not doing okay. He was really sad, and wrote "I CAN'T" a bunch of times on a sheet of paper. I was so worried.

I scroll down to the school-wide page. Everyone was talking about it, and my phone exploded with text messages.

Eric, Ricky, Bella, David, and Jacob were all texting mad about the school closing.

Just as I feared.

It can't get any worse than this.