Chapter 44: Interruption

‘’You’re the saddest bride I’ve ever seen’’ Lady Ester said as she braided Ellaria’s hair. ‘’Are you sure about this?’’ she asked her, she knew that Ellaria did not love Eomer. She disapproved of the marriage as she believed that it must be done by two people who are in love.

‘’It will make him so happy Naneth, I’ve seen his face he was so happy. I don’t have the heart to refuse him, I’ve hurt him for so long, he deserves this’’ Ellaria said as she looked at her mother, now she’s in a bigger mess. She has accepted his love for her, but she didn’t have any idea he would ask her hand for marriage. It shocked her, he did it in front of everyone, she couldn’t say no as it will humiliate him. She buried her face in her hands; her life was never out of problems.

‘’you talked about his happiness but how about yours? Marriage is a binding contract, it is serious. You will be with him until death, does he make you happy?’’ Ester said trying to reason with her daughter, she’s reaching a point of no return and she knew her daughter will be miserable.

‘’He doesn’t make me cry ‘’she said in a sad tone, she knew he will never hurt her. ‘’I’ve tried my best to advice you and now is it up to you. You still have time to think about it, think of your decisions well my dear Ellaria. There is no turning back, I will go now’’ but before Ester left she said something that made her upset even more. ‘’ Legolas is leaving today, just letting you know’’ Ellaria closed her eyes in anguish; she knew that it’s he mother way of discouraging her. She had told her numerous times that she did not want to know when he’s leaving as it will make her want to stop him. However, she knew she cannot face Legolas now as Arwen had told her what he saw. He was hurt too much because of her and begging him to stay is selfish and horrible in her part.

Ellaria sighed as she heard her mother leave; surely she will someday love him as well right? Maybe this is what she needed to forget Legolas,if she ever able to forget him. She grimaced at the thought of marrying Eomer, they’ve only kissed once and it was he who initiated it. She never saw him as a man, she saw him as a brother and it sickens her to her bones of the thought of the marriage consummation. She knew Eomer will not force her to do something she didn’t want but someday she will have to, it is a duty of a wife to a husband.

She stood up and fixed her wedding dress, she laughed bitterly at the irony of it all. She was once engaged to be married to Theoden, fell in love with Legolas and now she is marrying someone she didn’t love. She will become the queen of Rohan, she wondered what people thought of her? They must have thought she was a harlot with having too many men in her life.

 She heard a knock on the door, it must be Eowyn.  She was upset that Aragorn and Gimli wasn’t able to come, they said that they were far too busy. Aragorn she understood but Gimli? That dwarf will come to any feast or celebrations as long as there is free food and ale. Somehow she felt that they were avoiding her, well she deserves it after what she have done to their friend.

‘’Eowyn is that you?’’ she asked as she turned around, she turned around and saw Aragorn and Gimli. Gimli was guarding the door while Aragorn was walking towards her.

‘’I am glad you’re both here but aren’t you suppose to be outside with other guests?’’ she said as she walked backwards somehow she had an idea what’s going to happen. Seeing Aragorn with two ropes and Gimli guarding the door, it’s highly suspicious.

‘’No more time to waste’’ and that’s all what Aragorn said as he tackled her and used his strength on her as he tied a rope on her wrist then around her ankles.  She was screaming the whole time, realizing that she was making too much noise; Aragorn ripped a part of the sheet on the bed and placed them around her mouth. Now only muffle sounds can be heard, Gimli signaled that it was clear then Aragorn carried her of his shoulder.