VII

I stood on the dock as officers were trying to grab me but I showed them a badge of Geneco as their eyes grew wide as I stared at them with narrowed eyes before going back to looking around. I heard in the background of Nick talking to Sara as I closed my eyes. "Okay, show me where?" I whispered as I heard whispers of a man, a woman and a boy talking all at once as I opened my eyes and looked at the three who stood with me on the pier. "You can see us?" The man asks as I nodded my head "Yes, now show me where you are?" I asked as they pointed into the waters. "That's helpful," I growled at them as they watched as my eyes turned red before flashing back into silver. "Maria! Let's go," Nick rushed over to me as I looked at him and nodded while Sara frowns but didn't say anything as I get into the patrol boat with Nick and Sara.

We were now on the lake as I stared into the water as I heard the patrol spoke to Sara. "This is the three-mile mark," The wind blew threw my hair as different strands flew around as I looked over my shoulder as the boat's engine was cut. Nick put his hand on my shoulder as I took a step back as Nick opens a kit next to me and takes out a underwater remote camera. He put it in the water as I looked down into the dark waters. The reflection of the light creating a little lighter. Everyone gathers around the monitor as the remote camera moves underwater. We were there for a while until we got something as I pointed it out. "There's something there," I called out as I tapped my nail on what we were now seeing. There on the monitor in the graining image was three bodies. The family, but there wasn't another one. The divers went into the water as I stared at the bodies, as i looked away from the monitor. 

The divers brought the bodies finally up to the surface as I could see the slimy bloated versions of the dead. Sara started to snap several photos of the family as she asked the diver. "Where's the fourth?" as the diver shrugged. "We only found three," He answers as I looked at Nick. "Keep holding on hope, this means she is not dead," I told him as they closed the body bags as we headed back to shore. 

"Maria....back at the station, I'm not usually like that...I..." I held my hand up to stop him. "Don't I heard the anger in your voice. You're reflecting it on yourself, you couldn't fight back with Mr. Gordon. So now you're affected by this really hard because it's a little girl," I told him as we both sat in his truck while I leaned back in my seat as I stared at the house that we got the lead of what gun had shot the McBrides. "But I shouldn't have lost my cool, and I saw the horror in your face," He adds as I looked at him. I crossed my leg over the other as I watch Sara and the Sheriff walk out from the front. A teenage boy in cuffs as the officer hauls him out as I stared at the boy as the officer pushed his head down and put him in the back of the Police cruiser. Sara walks over holding evidence bags as I looked at the two CSIs In one bag, Sara shows a large hunting knife. "Found this in his pocket when I patted him down. Tested positive for blood," I gulped as I could think of the worse. I hope Cassie is okay, I don't want to find a child's body because of three stupid teenagers. Sara then also shows shoes to Nick, but I still could see. "As did these," She says as I narrowed my eyes, while she spoke to Nick, I looked passed her to see Luke turning in the back seat of the police car and staring at both Sara and Nick with a cold stare while he sees a peek at me as I narrowed my eyes at him as he widens his eyes.

"Maria...." I stood on the shoreline, already wanting to get the signal to go looking for the little girl. I was itching to find her. I couldn't take it anymore. They were going to throw into the lake while drugged. "Such sick bastards," I whispered underneath my breath. The night was upon as I looked at Nick. "You ready?" He asks as I nodded as I remembered what Luke had described the events that happened that lead to Cassie to be here. I felt a cold hand on my shoulder as I looked over my shoulder to see Jeremy looking at me as I brought to where the events happened. I was there standing in the McBride home. I could see Jeremy trying to shove the boys to leave.