Everyone gasped as Amada Stewart fell to the floor. She wasn't moving, but fortunately, she was still breathing. The gym teacher was the first to approach her. He grabbed his walkie talkie and paged the nurse. Amada lay on the ground unconscious while everyone stared, awestruck. The nurse arrived and examined her. She stayed with Amada until she woke a few minutes later. She was still really dizzy and unable to stand on her own. The nurse, the gym teacher, and Amada's two best friends, Gillian Taylor and Bryce Johnson, helped her to her feet. The nurse led the four of them to her office. As Amada walked in, dizzy and shaky, all Bryce could do is worry.
     When Amada and Bryce were 7 years old, Bryce had just moved in from Atlanta and his family thought a fresh start in Miami would be nice for them. Overall, Bryce was quiet and kept to himself for the first few weeks. Amada was also quite lonely for the entire school year. She only had one friend. She decided to talk to Bryce and try to make him feel more welcome at the school. They became friends incredibly fast. They remained friends all through elementary school, middle school, and they are still tight as ever in high school.
     Amada weighed about 70 pounds when she was 7 and she was quite an average kid. But, one day, Amada caught a severe case of pneumonia. Her immune system was too weak to fight it off and so she had to be on bed rest for a few weeks. She had to take medication and visit a hospital frequently. She was constantly sick with pneumonia, bronchitis, sinus infections, and meningitis so she missed a lot of school and her immune system was failing. She has been able to withstand the sickness for years, but when she was 13 years old, and in 7th grade at Washington Middle School, her immune system began to crash.
     Over the years, with being sick constantly and having to be on bed rest, she gained a lot of weight. Currently, she was 310 pounds at 16 and a half years old. When she started high school, she knew she was going to be outcasted and teased, so she was prepared for that. But what she wasn't prepared for, was what was going to happen next.