7. Cruelty

"Rengoku kyojuro has been killed by upper moon 3."

What?

"I am very sorry to inform all of you of this, but I'm sure we can get through this together my children."

Please be joking.

She couldn't hear anything after that. her legs were weak, everything was spinning. She felt like she was going to throw up. What was she meant to do? She looked around. She saw her friends crying, looking at the ground, looking at the sky. No one could say anything.

This wasn't meant to happen.

He wasn't meant to die. He's not dead right? He can't be. She talked to him a few days ago!

The wisteria hashira's haori was starting to get wet. What is she meant to do?

"Thank you for telling us, oyakata-sama."

The wind hashiras left after he said this, who knows what he was going to do now.

"children I know this deeply hurts all of you but please, try to remember all the good times you had with him."

"He wouldn't want any of you to cry over his death."

What does he know about kyo-san. He sent him to his death.

What does she do in this situation?

Over time all the hashiras left, (y/n) being the last to Leave.

"Ah (l/n)-san, rengoku gave this to kamado to give to you."

She grabbed the letter, bowing and thanking him. She felt sick looking at the paper, she knew she wasn't going to read it anytime soon. So why even bother giving it to her?

.
.
.

She looked at the garden that they first hung out at together. fiddling with the letter. It feels dull without him being there.

I should of gone, if I went he wouldn't of been dead. I would've died for him, I may be a coward but I could of saved him..... it's my fault.

"(L/n)-San! Let's go to the garden today!"

"Oh yeah um sure rengoku-san."

The two walked there together, talking about missions, other hashira's, food. They both were so engrossed in the conversation that they didn't even notice they were at the garden already.

"Oh looks like we are already here (l/n)-san!"

"It seems like we are. Oh look it's wisteria! I know we have a lot around, but still I find myself happy whenever I see them. They're just really, really pretty!"

The man laughed at this, this was the first time she heard him laugh.

She fell in love with it. It was almost intoxicating.

"It is your breath style, so it would be weird if you found it ugly!"

"I Guess you're right, one day I wish to get a hairpin of it! To represent my style more you know? Do you think that would look nice, rengoku-san?"

"This isn't fair, he should be here."

She took the hairpin out and gripped onto it.

"Maybe I'll just wait here for him, just for a bit."

An hour passes

He's not here, yet.

Three hours pass