Chapter 3

When we finally arrived I kept knocking on my door so loud that some people on the street started to give me weird looks. I had told Lucas to drive away.

Finally my mom opened up. She looked a little bit sad. I think she didn't even cry. So much for caring about Sev.

'When can I see him?' I asked while making my way through the door. 'They said he'll arrive by the day after tomorrow, I thought about making a big funeral and inviting the mayor. ' she said closing the door and following me into the living room. Of course she would want to invite the mayor. It's not like she would have his funeral to remember Sev, she just wants mayor David White to give her some attention. At least thats what Sev and I noticed at dads funeral. 'Yeah sure mom, do whatever you want. It's not like he can choose anyways.' With that said I left her sitting on the couch and made my way up to my room.

I put on my Snoopy Pyjamas and took a book out of my bookshelf to distract myself. Instead of reading I fell asleep faster than you can say sleep.

It was dark. I couldn't see anything. A person was sitting on the ground humming a lullaby. I moved closer and closer. The person moved their head up and looked at me. It was Sev.
I was trying to talk to him, to move closer to him, but it was like I was frozen. Suddenly I felt someone lightly grab my shoulder. Dad. 'You have to let him go Charlie. You have to let him go honey. And just like me he will always be with you in your heart.' With that said the two of them started to fade away. I still couldn't move or talk. I wanted to tell him that I couldn't deal with this loss. I wanted to beg them to come back or to at least  take me with them. But it was too late. I was lost in the darkness again.

I sat up straight in my bed. Looking at my alarm clock I noticed it was just 4 a.m. , which means I still had 2 hours until I had to get ready for school. Groaning I got up knowing that I won't be able to fall asleep again. I went to the kitchen and got some orange juice. If Sev was here now he'd have taken the glass away and made fun of me for not being able to protect my orange juice.