Nightmare

Shreya's Pov

I woke up screaming and covered in sweat. I was alone in my bed i still had the ring on my finger.  So was that a dream? Oh my god i mean a nightmare and it can so easily come true.  I rushed towards the closet and saw the gifts, they were still there.  This means am still with kabir am  still engaged to him.  But why is it raising questions in my head... do i want this.  I really need to talk to him.  I'll be caged for life.

In the morning i called up Kabir.

"Hii kabir we need to talk can u come over? "

"Yes sure give me 30 minutes."

"Sure."

"But what's it about"

"Us"

"Anything important "

"Yess very much."

"Alright I'll be there."

30 minutes later-

"Hii baby"

He hugged me tight.

"Hey"

"Alright what did u wanna talk about"

"Kabir i had this very bad dream about us. That your belting me raping me. Am really scared coz it can be easily true. Am sorry i cant get it out of my mind."

"Shreya honey listen. I know m possesive and short tempered. But am not a bad person. I love you since i was 18.how can i possibly hurt you so much. I know i have done it somewhat in the past but trust me am changing. The belting thing or any physical abuse won't ever happen again. I swear please. It was your dream don't think about it much please. I trust you baby i really do. I have promised you that I'll change. I'll always give you the benefit of doubt. And we are already engaged everyone is happy for us. Both the families, our friends. Why are you having second thoughts now? "

"I don't know kabir. You have made such promises before. You changed me alot over these years. I was so talkative, extrovert. Now i feel too different."

"Look shreya i had to. But does that mean you don't enjoy being with me. Didn't we ever have our own fun. We have been to picnics,  pubs we spent alot of time having fun together. I take care of all what you like. And aren't we each other's first love. Just tell me who comes so far with their first love?  And keeps the promise of marriage? "

"True. I am happy i can't deny that. And yes you do take care of me. Just work on those anger issues please. U scare the hell out of me sometimes. But you're always there for me. I love you.

I hugged him.

"I love you too and am extremely sorry for everything i got you through.get ready I'll drop you to the hospital."

"Yeahh."

Next Day-

12Am-

I called kabir.

"Happy birthday hubby!!!!"

"Thanku so much love.i expected you to come over and surprise me."

"Oh am sorry i have an early duty tomorrow."

"Really "

"Yeahh..so good night have a great year ahead! I love youu!!!"

"Thankslott i still wish you were here."

"We'll meet don't worry"

In the evening.

As planned i got off work early. And decorated the entire lobby with kabir's photos. And chandelier's. Vikram was supposed to bring kabir here. All his friends,  colleagues relatives were waiting eagerly. We had the 3 layer cake his favorite dark chocolate. Music, his favorite food and everything seemed perfect. Vikram texted me that they are almost there and we all hid and switched off the lights. As soon as they arrived kabir said.

"Where the hell have you brought me bro?  Why is it so dark?? "

Just then the lights were on and we all yelled happy birthday !!!

He was filled with surprise and his eyes moistened. He looked at everyone. His entire family friends all were here for him.

I hugged him and said happy birthday.

"Did you do all of this shreya? "

"I won't take the entire credit me n vikram planned this.Now enjoy!!! You're gifts are in that corner. And everyone's desperately waiting for cake."

"Vikram thanks bro...nice planning with your sis in law good job"

"Love u big bro happy birthday !!"

And they hugged each tight. Boy didn't they look adorable.

He cut the cake we all sang happy birthday. The birthday song kept playing at the background.

He gave me the first bite and then to his parents n brother. His friends opened champagne it was a gorgeous party! Everything was Kabir's favorite. He was on cloud 9. who said guys don't like surprises or famcy stuff. We all clicked pictures.

All got drunk enjoyed the puppet show. Played games in which kabir won all. We hired a magician too. But there was one still big surprise waiting for him that night.

All the guests were eating dancing having fun.

After the party-

In one of my gifts i had drawn a treasure map to which kabir had to reach. He opened it and started following the clues.

I told him I'll meet him at the destination. If he finds me. It's gonna be a big surprise and his best birthday gift.And no one knew about  this one ot was just me n him.