Falling Apart

Shreya's Pov

Time was just flowing by like the wind. I have now completed my MBBS. Kabir,  Shruti,  Niyant all had graduated and were applying for jobs or higher studies.

I was also looking for job but currently working as an intern in a hospital.  I had to yet specialize in a subject of interest.

It had been months since i met the gang. I was missing everyone. I called up shruti and asked her if we could meet she said yes and we all decided to hangout just like 5 years ago.

Me, Niyant and Shruti showed up at the decided place. We were gonna go to a club.  We were waiting for kabir.. but he didn't show up.  Finally i called him after a long wait he said he was busy and couldn't come.

"Shruti kabirs not coming"

"Why? "

"He said he's busy"

"And you didn't ask for more details? "

"Nope"

"Ur his gf since so mny years... why don't you? "

"I don't want to "

"Fine come on niyant we 3 will enjoy"

"Yupppp"

We all entered the club...had a few shots and started dancing. The ambience was awesome!!

Shruti was in the crowd dancing... i was getting a bit of a headache so i just on a couch for a while.

After sometime niyant approached towards me.

"Hey how are you feeling shrey?

"Am ok just a bit tipsy i guess i haven't had this bf4"

"Ohh okay here have a bit of water"

"Thanks niyant ur a nice guy"

"Since we are on that subject shreya i really wanted to tell you something since a long time"

"What is it? "

" shreya i love you since the start, ur nature,  ur personality,  ur tantrumd everything i never had the nerves to confess since you started dating kabir before i even got a chance. But i just had to tell you once and in every way i can prove it to you that i love you...amd will keep you happy even more than kabir...trust me shreya am his best friend i know how he is and he isn't good for you...i really love you shreya "

He came close to me and started caressing my hand.

I was speechless.

"Niyant i don't know what to say am with kabir...u know that...i can't do that to him...please i hope you understand...plus i don't feel that way  sorry dear but i don't wanna lose a friend like you am sorry really am sorry "

"Shreya please stop apologizing it's not your fault...i should have approached sooner...i really care about you..somewhere i knew what your answer would be...but i just had to tell you to get it off my chest. I feel lighter now."

"Thankuu niyant and sorry please."

He came close to me and hugged me for  a while and kissed my forehead.

Shruti then took us to the dancing floor.she knew about niyant's feelings.
We all danced clicked pictures and then we shared a cab home.

I freshened up and went straight up to bed.

Buzz! Buzz!Buzz!

My phone was buzzing it was kabir.

"Hello doll"

"Hello sup why didn't you join us today"

"Sounds like someone missed me "

"Nooo not at all "

"Really?? "

"Yes"

"Then we have some serious problems "

"Don't change the subject kabir tell me why didn't you come "

"I had to meet a friend she was in town for just a couple of days"

"Something i should be worried about?"

"Nope relax babe she's my childhood friend  we grew up together but then her dad got transferred in another city"

"Oh okay if you say so"

"Am looking at your social media acc ur pics witb her are extremely cosy"

"Yes we are close"

" how close...wht the hell kabir...you hate it even when i look at other guys and here u were with her all evening ur pictures  arm around her pouty faces what's that supposed to mean"

"Relax shreya...just happens when you meet someone after along time"

"Kabir is that an explanation dod you guys do something?? "

No answer

" kabir answer me!!!! Am waiting "

"Alright we kissed"

Tears started flowing as soon as i heard that

"Kabir how could you??? You ditched me today for her???? You ditched all your friends.. not even once did you think of me"

"Shreya i wasn't thinking...it just happened...heat of the moment i guess"

" kabir...what if i ever did that...how can u b so casual while saying it.i hate u kabir am so stupid i rejected a genuine guy like niyant for a brat like you! Am so stupid to not trust him but you! God!"

I was sobbing while talking.

"What???  Niyant...what did he say?? "

"He said that your not good for and u know what thanks for proving him right...and you wanna hear something more he loves me he confessed to me today he also kissed my forehead there..HAPPY?? "

"Shreyaaa!!! I'll  kill him that bastard i knew him! You didn't stop him you know you're mine right???  Had you forgotten everything? "

"Is it hurting kabir? "

"Shreya shutup ! We are different mine was just in the moment alright??  And you genuinely did something "

"You have no right to yell at me kabir !look at yourself first i have had enough of ur dominance u crossed a line today! I didn't and you're still finding me the culprit..have you ever looked at yourself "

"Shreya you're mine i had told you come what may! I got carried away accept that! Every guy at some point does..don't you dare make a big deal out of it and try to hide your own mistakes"

"I dont have to kabir..i haven't done anything wrong..and no am not yours am done with you...Its over go snog ur childhood friend how much ever you want to.It's over"

With that i disconnected the call without listening to him.