Meeting My In Laws

Shreya's Pov

I woke up on the hospital bed. Lol so strange. Siddharth was sitting opposite to me constantly looking at me in a very sweet way.

"Hii good morning angel."

"Hello good morning sid"

"You looked so peaceful while sleeping."

"Thank you..."

"Get a bit freshened up I'll drop you home"

"Yeahh thankyou so much"

I just washed my face and gargled and headed towards the parking lot.Fortunately the rains had stopped.

I reached home. Got out of the car. Hugged Siddharth and thanked him.

I rang the bell. Mom opened it.

"Mummmaaaa"

"How are you dear??? "

"Am fine"

"Did you eat, slept okay? "

"Yeah mom am fine."

"Go take a bath I'll cook your favorite meal."

"Thankyou mom"

"Shreya kabir called last night."

"Why? "

"To ask about you dear he seemed genuinely concerned he even told me he's coming with his parents in the evening at our place."

"Oh yeah...my phone was switched off! I'll call him after m a bit relaxed"

"Sure. But don't forget. He's a great guy!"

"Yeah i know mom"

I took a bath wore some comfy clothes and sat on the couch to watch telly.

Mom handed me a plate of soyabean chilly. Ummm my favorite.

I finished eating and dozed off on the couch itself for a while putting my phone on charging.

At almost 2/3pm i woke up.

Switched on my phone and i received 20 notifications of Kabir's calls and 5 text messages.

From Kabir- hey sweetums did you leave from the hospital?

From Kabir- Are you alright?. Should i come to pick you?

From Kabir- shreya hope you had dinner.

From Kabir- i spoke to your mom couldn't you call me and inform. i tried calling you a 100 times.please be safe and don't do something stupid my wife. I can't share you with anyone.Goodnight miss you.

From Kabir- good morning baby big day today.. anyway how are you gonna come home?

I called him up directly.

Ring ring

"Hii baby"

"Hello dear"

"Are you home shreya? "

"Yes i reached by 8am"

"Nice how did you travel?"

"Umm....sid dropped me"

"Ohh so in a night he's sid now wonderful."

"He asked me to call him that when we are off duty. The transport hadn't started yet..isn't it good that he dropped me home safely."

"Yeahhh sure....taking advantage of you..getting to spend more time"

"Kabir stop it please i won't a hear word against him. You don't know how nice he is if he wanted to do something like that he wouldn't have given me such good advice and support."

"Advice about what??? Marrying me? "

"Sort of"

"Can't believe you...you can talk this out with him and not me"

"Because he listens and is patient with me doesn't yell at me for little things"

"Ohh...continue with his bible of good deeds "

"Your unbelievable kabir"

"I know...since you don't have any excitement about meeting your in laws I'll swoop in the topic"

"Kabir i had to answer your questions first. I am excited that's why i called you."

"Okay..I'll ask every detail in the evening me when we meet.  my mom and dad and brother all are coming so be good and cook something nice. I know you will you have etiquettes. Just letting you know and don't talk me in the regular manner show some respect. Be surprised you are gonna get a lot of gifts."

"Ohh okay...really? "

"Yeah...i want you to be happy but only with me"

"Fine I'll start getting ready cooking and stuff."

"Yup okay see you at 7"

"Yeah..take care bye love you"

"First time in so many days...you said it first babe"

"I know "

"I love you too bye."

"Bye"

I got to work. My mom helped me cooking some snacks and dessert.

I started dressing up. I wore my most expensive punjabi suit. I had left my hair open. I applied collyrium and a lip balm. I had thick long black hair which came up to my waist. My heart was racing so fast as the clock ticked 6.30,  6.45, 7pm. I didn't sit for a second.

My mom looked at me and smiled. She also dressed traditionally and well we looked very similar.

At 7.10pm- The doorbell rang.