Isolation

Shreya's Pov

I woke up in the morning.  I hated the idea of going to college now.  Knowing that i can't talk to anyone of my friends.  Who would make the dull lectures interesting.  Was it even worth all this sacrifice?

With all these thoughts i freshened up and went to college. I didn't sit besides my friends. I took a whole other table. Away from them.  They all came asking me to what was wrong. I just yelled at them and said it was none of their business.  I ate my lunch alone. They had still kept an eye on me and they soon figured out the reason. Soon after lunch Ved approached me.

"Shreya,  enough now..would you tell us what's wrong? Why aren't you talking to us?? "

"Look Ved it's nothing alright please leave me alone."

"No! I wanna know...or let me guess it's your so called new boyfriend? Isn't it?"

"Ved! Be respectful. Yeah it's him.i lied to him about our hangout. Isn't it obvious for him to get a bit paranoid?"

"No it isn't. We are friends it's completely fine. You can't throw away friendship. You lied to him because of his temper and over possessive behavior."

"What am i supposed to do then? Am too scared to tell him anything."

"Look shreya..this isn't normal...explain him..you too have a life of your own. "

"But-- i love him..i don't wanna lose him. He'll leave me if i don't listen to him."

"Then that's not love....you're his gf not his puppet. We are there for you anytime you need us. But please talk to him."

"Yeah okay Ved...thanks alot and am sorry for abruptly blocking you guys."

"That's fine."

-At Home  Over a call with Kabir

"Hey shreya baby how was your day..? "

"It was okay..i felt a bit isolated"

"Oh comeon...

"No kabir we need to talk...ved spoke to me he said this isn't normal and i can have my own friends.

"Hold the fuck on! You spoke to Ved?? Who the fuck allowed you to???  Didn't i clearly say something yesterday!!! Don't your fucking small brains get that..and Now you wanna argue with me because of his stupid advice?? Who made him the master of our relationship! SHREYA YOUR MY GIRLFRIEND I KNOW WHAT AND WHAT NO TO DO! Absolutely no one can interfere between us..no one ever! We aren't a normal couple...get that straight. You're mine so just listen to ME. no one else should be important to you. I'll explain you better in person tomorrow. Speaking of which how's the hickey?"

"Please kabir...am sorry..it's still there. I won't ever argue i promise. Don't hurt me tomorrow please."

"Aww shreya...look at you pleading now! You disrespected me ! Didn't follow any of my instructions...Argued with me and you still expect me to forgive and accept you??? "

"Kabir no...but i promise this time love please..am too scared. Please kabir.Am sorry."

"I'll think about it. Now bye. I don't feel like talking to you anymore. Feels like a waste of my time."

"Don't say this..i love you..i will listen whatever you say..i know i haven't been perfect lately... but i will am really sorry."

"Let's see shreya...even am wondering when can i start trusting you again? "

"Kabir i didn't cheat ever! "

"You're this close to it. Now bye and think about what you did. Hope i never see or hear it again. Am sure you wouldn't appreciate that damage."

"Am sorry..I'll  think. I'll change. I won't talk to them. I love you.."

He just disconnected the call.

I cried the entire night and finally fell back asleep.