Maple Tape 3 - 1997/07/13

Aaron Tremblay was by himself in the living room / kitchen, alone with the camera. There wasn't a lot of wiggle room, but he made do with enough room to stand. He couldn't quite see that it wasn't eye level, and that he was off-focus to the left - his nerves made it clear that something else was on his mind by the way he kept nervously clenching and unclenching his fists.

"Hey, Maple. Uh... So, you know how you kept telling me that I could use your camera and I kept procrastinating? Well, I'm done procrastinating, hehe.. I just wanted to record you a short video while I you were out of the house, which, you are a lot, and I don't blame you, your boyfriend's definitely got a better apartment than I do. And I really don't have much more to give you on your way out that I haven't already, but I thought I'd finally take care of that video you've been wanting me to do, so, uh.. here it goes."

"I know you're nervous about college. I know high school wasn't really your thing and you feel like it's stupid. I.. know I've already tried explaining that these scholarships aren't very common, there really aren't a lot of wood elves in this parish, but you know what? You're bigger than this parish. I've known it since we were kids. It's why I keep pushing you so hard. And you're going to be on your own, an adult, doing whatever you want, and I'm really freaking excited. You've got the potential to be the best sorceress in South Louisiana. I mean it. I'm not exaggerated. You've done so many freaking cool things. I'm going to miss you a lot. But it's worth it when I think of all the stuff you'll do. The cool friends you'll make. Charlottesville Magic University is a big deal, Maple. Please don't forget about me when you're rich and famous, though."

"That's all I wanted to say. I don't want to take up all your videotape. And I know you might not ever see this. But you know what? ...I think you'll see it at the right time. Maple? I'm proud of you, and I love you no matter what, you know that, right?"