Letter to Aaron

Dear Aaron, ça va?

Hey, so, I suck at writing letters. I'm sorry I haven't called in a few weeks - the phone is kind of expensive and everyone on my floor likes using it. But I'm going to try and see if I can send a letter anyway.

School's been great, but I really, really don't think I fit in here. I watched the tape you made for me. I really wanted to cry. I didn't realize how much I missed you until I got here. I haven't been doing too great, but I'm going to do better. I promise.

So there's this crazy thing - I'm still roommates with Enoki Ramirez, and I still can't figure out how I feel about her. She gets under my skin sometimes, but, well.. then she pulls a cigarette out of her velvet coat sleeve. A lit cigarette. And it was just there without any smoke. She calls these things magic tricks, and I know she's just a human like you, but sometimes I wonder. Other than my fire power, she's sort of the only thing I have going to brag about at fais do-dos. Can't imagine why everyone around here is so obsessed with her though, huh? I guess that's what money does to you.

But enough me. How are you holding up? You found a girlfriend yet? I hope you find someone now that I'm out of your hair. I can't think of anyone on the planet who knows how to take care of someone better. I expect a wedding invitation by the time I hear from you next.

Take care of yourself, please.

- your little sister no matter what,
Maple Tremblay