ch 16

chase pov

I wake up and she's not behind me anymore. the bed feels cold and my head is pounding. where's charli?

"I'm right here." I hear her say from the bathroom, reading my mind. I look over and see her leaned close to the mirror, putting on mascara. I don't know what to say. I know she said it was okay last night but what if she changed her mind? what if she hates me again? I don't know if I'm supposed to act normal or what.

"hey,"I say sitting up. she walks towards me with a cup of water and hands it to me.

"here, for the hangover." she smiles softly. I try to smile back as best as I can.

"I'm sorry about last night," I start to say when she cuts me off.

"no please chase. stop saying you're sorry. I know. I'm not going anywhere." she looks at me.

"you're not leaving?" I ask.

"no. I'm not leaving." she tries a smile again. "I know it's not gonna be normal for a while, but can we try? I don't want us to act weird."

"yeah, I'll try." I smile back and set my water down, pulling her into a hug. Im still unsure that she would let me kiss her so I don't. without me asking she hands me one of my hoodies and I slide it on before standing up. it's a little awkward, but we go downstairs to the kitchen anyways. our eyes fall on the huge mess that I made the night before. "oh my god." I say out loud.

charli pov

I stare at the broken plates and bottles of alcohol on the floor. it's a disaster.

"here let's clean it up together" i suggest and he hands me a trash bag. after it looks a bit better we head into the living room to see the others. dixie makes eye contact with me and looks at chase. I mouth "later" to her and she nods knowingly.

"uh hi guys." Addison says to us. "chase you look awful!"

"gee thanks." he replies.

"oh please you know what I mean. are you alright?" she asks him looking concerned and he just nods. "did you guys want to go out today? orrrr" Addison looks back and forth between us.

"uh, no, I don't think so." I respond looking at chase. "lets just stay here and watch some movies. it's already 3pm anyways" Addison and Dixie nod as I walk chase and I to the couch. sitting down he puts his arm around my shoulder. i settle into him and turn on the TV.

the movie plays and I try to sort my feelings. I love chase. I know that for sure, but it's not gonna be easy to trust him again. he seems so broken and it makes me feel awful. at this point I don't even care what he did. I just want my chase back. I trace the back of his hand with my finger. he's a sweet boy. he made a mistake. I can forgive him for that. Addison and Dixie leave for their rooms when the sway boys get here so chase and I move to my- our, room again. we sit on the bed watching our TV instead of the one downstairs. I don't focus on the show. I focus on his breathing and the feel of his heartbeat. my head is laying on his chest.

"chase" I whisper, not knowing if he's awake. it wasn't late, but it's been a rough day. "chase" I say again.

"yes?" he whispers back, sounding tired. I debate what I was going to say before deciding I had nothing to lose.

"I love you." I say softly with my head on his bare chest. he smiles the most genuine smile I've seen from him in a while and softly replies,

"I love you too"

an
HI BEBES so basically, a lot of you want long happy chapters. so that will happen. but if I make it happy like rn it will be kinda weird cause of everything that happened so like just be patient, I promise I'll get them back to happy chacha as fast as I can. thank u all for reading my dumb story. it means so much to me. (side note I ate an entire bag or goldfish while I wrote this)

xoxo