Chapter 14

Seeing Mikah suffer was the worst pain I have ever felt, second to my mother's death. I couldn't wait til he would open his beautiful eyes again.

The baby needs a father like Mikah.

I need a husband like Mikah.

"Julie you have school to go to."

A raspy voice; my father's voice boomed from the doorway. I had been at the hospital for so long, I didn't bother to think about school.

Once home, I cleaned my room all day. I looked through pictures of Mikah. This made me cry.

My head ached terribly, I really needed some Aspirin, but we were all out. My Dad is a doctor, you would think he would have a lifetime supply of medication!

I will have to run to the drug store later.

To calm down, I ran a shower. The water was so hot, it felt so good on my cold lonely body. The water ran through my hair and down my back. God I missed Mikah, his touch, I missed everything.

The only thing I wanted was Mikah. He was the living version of my image of a perfect man. As I stepped out of the shower onto the ice cold tile, I winced. A rushed breeze filled my senses.

Oh no, here come the memories.

The last night we slept together, before his sickness caught up to him, we were getting ready for bed in this very bathroom. I was stripping of my clothes for a bath, when Mikah winked at me and made me feel all weird. But it was the nice kind of weird. I motioned for him to come in with me. No we didn't do anything too bad, and I promise he stayed in his boxers.

"What?" I asked. He was eyeing me all over.

His eyes bulged. "You are just..." He stuttered, "So beautiful." I stole a kiss from his sweet lips and smiled while flicking my tongue over my teeth to tease him.

"Oh really huh? You wanna play that game?" He poured bubble bath all over me and in the water.

I laughed and took the bottle away from him to get him back. I missed squirting it on him and it flew and hit the mirror.

"Woops..." I sighed.

"Smooth move Hall!" He joked and pulled me over to his side of the bath and held me there.

"I don't know if I can love you with soap all over you." He looked at me and mumbled.

"Then let's make it even." I grabbed a handful of bubbles and rubbed it all over his face and abs. He spit and chuckled.

"Okay you got me Juls!" He took me back into his arms and kissed me. His warmth was perfect.

Mikah always made me feel special. I was his only, and he was mine.

I craved more of his touch, but I knew that would be bad for the baby.

His lips sucked on my neck and he tickled my stomach. I giggled so loud that I almost thought my father would hear. Mikah laughed at me.

"Hey! You started it!" I defended.

"Blah!" He stuck his tongue out and he carried me out of the bath and into the bedroom where we got dressed.

I was sobbing my eyes out now. What if Mikah didn't get better? How would I survive?

To get off this subject in my mind, I walked to the drug store.

Just as I arrived, Danny arrived too.

Not today. God please not today.

He didn't see me at first, I hurried back to the medicine section of the store. I peeked over the racks and I didn't see him. "Phew."

"Boo!" I shrieked when he jumped up from behind me. I nearly knocked over the rack of medicine.

"Go away Danny!" I pushed him away, I walked down the aisle but froze when I heard a clicking noise.

Danny had a gun.

"Where do you think you're going dollface?" He showed me his weapon and linked arms with me. I dropped the aspirin and he dragged me outside.

"Leave me alone, I have nothing you want!" I yelled and struggled to free myself.

"Don't bother trying. I want something precious. You have exactly what I want." I was confused.

"I am not a virgin!" I cried. He was now pushing the gun into the bottom of my back really hard.

"I know that. You're pregnant, It's obvious." He smirked at his own rude comment.

"Then what do I have that you want?"

"You have love." I gulped. What does he mean by that? "The kind that is true. Mikah will die soon anyway, and I am sure that your precious child will need a father figure that isn't lying 5 feet under the earth in a box covered with dirt and worms."

How dare he speak like that!

"I volunteer as his replacement." He pushed me into the back of his car so hard that my whole body hurt. Maybe it was just fear.

"Mikah is fighting hard, he will make it, I know he will." I loved him, and nobody could take away my faith.

His face got so angry. "You're going to come with me, and you better like it." His voice was almost scarier than my dad's.

I silently cried, trying not to show him my weakness, and trying not to get shot.

Just my luck, he heard me and began screaming horrible words at me.

I needed Mikah right now.

Mikah...

If he finds out about this, it will tear him apart.

I didn't want Danny to hurt the baby.

I didn't want Danny to kill me.

I want to make it out alive.

For Mikah...

Danny pulled over quickly and slammed his door.

I scooted towards the opposite side but he grabbed my long hair.

I should've cut it.

"Owch!" I screamed at him and spit in his face. Stupid me, he put the gun against my fore head and dragged me to the back of his car. Danny opened the trunk and shoved me inside. I was still crying as silent as possible. That bothered him enough to threaten to kill Mikah if I didn't shut up.

I bit my lip.

"Good girl" He smiled and leaned over to kiss me, but I flinched and turned away.

"Stop that!" Danny took the gun and swung it backwards, I prepared myself for impact.

Everything turned black.

Black as his soul.