Chapter 4

"Julie!" My name was being called from behind me by none other than Mikah King.

"Mikah!" I sarcastically mimicked him.

"My love!" He caught on to my joke and made me look like an idiot.

"Wow." I rolled my brown eyes. He nudged my shoulder.

"So, Julie, Ive been meaning to ask you, Im struggling with spanish and I know you gave an A in that class so maybe-" I cut him off.

"Ah no." I felt bad afterward.

"Why? Did I say something?"

"No, I am dealing with family problems right now and I dont have time to tutor you as much as I'd LOVE to" I turned on my heel and strut down the hallway.

"Julie! I have another question wait!" I ignored him.

Then came lunch, which was for some reason taking longer than usual which annoyed me because I couldnt wait to get home and sleep.

"Julie are you alright?" Willow whispered in my ear trying to be subtle.

"Yup, just fine." I groaned. The rest of the table turned my direction.

"Someone is in a bad mood.." Vince snarled and I gave him the look.

"What happend?" Willow whispered again after shooing the boys.

"Its..Just...Ugh. My dad has been sleeping with a 23 yr old for a year, my mom is in the hospital, and I am processing it all still." Willows eyes popped.

"I am really sorry Juls. I really am. I am here to help if you need to stay the night some time to get your mind off things." I actually liked the sound of that.

"Can I move in?" We both laughed and took sips of our cokes.

I got home and I managed to avoid Mikah for the remainder of school. I dont exactly know why I dont like Mikah. Or maybe thats the thing. Maybe I actually like him but I use not liking him as an excuse because I am too nervous to talk to him. Nah, lets just stick with A, I dont like Mikah.

...

My Mom came home from the hospital today with a big smile on her face. I still cant see why she is smiling, I mean shes coming back from the HOSPITAL because she FAINTED because her husband CHEATED on her. I love her more than anything in the world but she is way to perky sometimes.

I laid in bed staring at the ceiling for quite some time tonight. I waited til i could no longer wait for dad to get home. I knew where he was, we all did. What a sad thing it is to be Julie Margaret Hall, The girl with messed up parents and no social life.

I worried constantly about my mother and father. Just the thought of losing them was unbearable.

I fell asleep dreaming of how amazing everything was back in Alaska, before we moved here. No problems, like literally, nothing was wrong.

In the morning the air smelled fresh. Like a new world. I hadnt thought of the recent events since last night which brought me peace. That was until I went into my mom's bedroom. I stammered half asleep into my mom's bedroom, only to find nobody. Only the soft silence of the empty old house mocking me. "Mom?" I called in a delicate manner.

I heard a faint sigh type noise. "Mom Are you there?" I walked towards the bathroom door slowly and slyly.

I reached for the knob and began to hear paper ripping then I heard a horrifying noise.

A scream. "Mom!" I pushed open the door and gasped. My hands made their way up to my mouth.