Fifteen

Artemis was grateful for a day off. She spent the day at the medical ward for her fingers. She was told she shouldn't have continued to work, but she had no choice. Commander Ren commanded it. She had gone the last few days, furious, beyond furious. She understood she hurt him, but here he was proving she was right about him, he abuses his power. She had heard he was gone and she didn't care- well she did but didn't admit it.

She sat in the cantina with her friends. She stayed put, watching her two friends dance. She had her hands wrapped around the cold cup, not drinking it, but cooling her fingertips. She didn't feel like drinking, she just couldn't be alone. She wasn't sure what was happening to her. Why she missed her awful boss, but she did. She missed his lips, his voice, his callous hands holding her face. But there was more to him and there were parts too hard to ignore, too hard to hate.

Someone sat with her. She looked over at an unfamiliar face. "Wanna dance?" He asked her over the loud music.

"Oh, I'm flattered, but no thank you. I'm not quite in the mood." She looked at his uniform, ugh great. She was dealing with an officer higher on the food chain than her.

He looked down at her hands and she allowed him to look her fingers over. He hissed. "Is this why? What happened? What do you do?"

He wasn't terrible looking, a blond with dark eyes. He was clean shaven, as required. He must have just gotten off duty. "I'm a technician, Kylo Ren had me work on his droid in record time."

He nodded his head as if he understood what she went through. "Maybe a raincheck on that dance then."

She gave him a weak smile. "Yeah, I think so."

He left her alone. She sighed and looked down at her drink, blue, not teal. She scanned around the room, she saw that officer talking into his comm-link. She watched several people in important uniforms fleeing, even off duty stormtroopers.

She wondered what was going on. She didn't care to find out. She saw Yrsa looking over at her, trying to beckon her over. Artemis shook her head and pointed her thumb at the door. Yrsa frowned but allowed Artemis to leave.

Artemis walked down the painfully white corridors. Occasionally a stormtrooper would pass by her, either patrolling or on sanitation duty. She gave the ones on sanitation duty a smile, they were always the nicest out of the rest of them.

She walked down corridors, not sure if she was ready for bed. She knew the corridors well, really well.

But she didn't expect to find a mass of black suits round a corner. She frozen in place, she didn't expect to find her mother and Kylo Ren to be walking through the corridor with stormtroopers in white and black around them, including Ushar and Ap'lek. She frowned and stood at the wall, not walking farther, but trying to stay out of their way.

She knew Kylo was looking at her. "Commander Ren," She greeted with enough confidence she could muster. He stiffened at her greeting.

"Technician 642, bow." A stormtrooper ordered.

She did half of one. "I need to speak you, commander." She said as they walked passed her. She started to follow them. "Please sir!"

"Artemis!" Captain Phasma hissed. "Leave,"

Artemis didn't look away from Commander Ren. "Please!" She begged.

Kylo stopped walking. He turned around and walked hastily up to her, making her cower. He looked down at her and she could tell he wasn't happy. "I am your Superior." He growled. "You don't have enough authority to call after me."

"I didn't want you to leave." Her voice was very soft. "I just want Kylo... Not Commander Ren. For one night." She couldn't believe her words. She wasn't that kind of person so she hastily added:"N-not that we'd be intimate, I-I just... I want to look at your face."