Chapter Veinte ~ C. A. L. M

I hope you are all doing good! if you ever need to talk, you can always message me😘. i also watched aussie-rules football today, um, yes please lol. but, this chapter is dedicated to nbalajova6002 who read and voted on every single chapter, and commented for more lol, so here it is. i hope you enjoy!

WARNING!!! MENTIONS OF SELF-HARM AND R*PE.
____________________✍️

Ashton's pov

-

I didn't realize that I could be so happy but in so much pain at the same time.

After I had said yes to Luke, I asked him to get into my bed with me. Right when he was getting comfortable, Calum and Michael came in. Calum had a nervous look on his face while Michael looked mad.

"Hey man. How are you doing?" Calum same and sat down in a chair on my side.

"I am doing amazing, besides being really sore."

"Amazing? That's good. But how? If I may ask?"

"I don't know babe, how about you tell him why." After I turned to Luke, I kissed him, turning back to Calum. He just chuckled and said that's nice.

After we talked about their date, a doctor came in 5 minutes later.

"Okay boys. So Ashton, how did this happen."

Luke, Calum, and Michael all looked at me and I froze. I opened my mouth but nothing came out. It was like someone was holding my voice in my throat and not letting me speak. I didn't want to tell the truth, but I didn't want to lie.

"I got jumped." When I said that, all of their eyes widened.

"Are you sure that's what happened?"

"Yes it i-" Before I could finish though, Luke jumped out of the bed and asked the doctor if he could speak to him in the hall.

-

Luke's pov

-

When the doctor stepped out behind me, I closed the door after him.

"Okay, I'm sorry, Doctor...?"

"Styles. Or Tomlinson. You know, just call me Harry."

"Okay, Harry, Ashton is my boyfriend and he's an amazing person, but he's never going to tell you the truth, so I am."

"Okay, and what would the truth be?"

"It was his father. Or well, step-father.
I went back to his house to return his phone after he left it in my car, and when I walked up to the door, I heard screaming. I busted in and there was Ashton, under his step-dad being beaten. I ran and shoved him off. Ashton looked up at me, said my name, and then blacked out. His step-dad then came at me, and I punched him, knocking him out once. I punched him a couple times after that for what he did to Ashton. If you don't believe me, you can ask his best friend Calum who's known him longer than me." I could tell that he was at a loss for words after all of that.

"Wow. If this is true, then we need to call the police. But since he is 17, his mom is going to need to sign him out, or, how old are you?"

(For the sake of the story, Luke is older than Ashton. So Ashton is going to be graduating as a 17 year old. lol.)

"I'm 18. Why? If I may ask?"

"You could sign him out. I'll let it slide, because Ashton said something earlier about his mom being gone. But Luke. I need to talk to you about something else." He gave me a look that kind of scared me.

"Did you know about Ashton's self-harm." Hold up. Huh.

"You mean the fact that he was starving himself? Please mean that."

"Sadly, that is not what I mean. Ashton has been cutting himself. I am very sorry for you to be hearing it from me, but we saw when he came in." I couldn't hold back the tears that came out after he said that.

"But-but, I've seen his wrists. You can't be se-serious." I kept choking on my words, because Ashton is one of the sweetest people I know. He is so nice to everyone, he doesn't deserve that.

"The cuts are on his thighs. They seem to be a little old, so that's good. But people can always relapse. I'm going to need you to talk to him about them. And his response to that will tell us how long we need to keep him here. I know this can be tough. I was in your position with my husband. He had a problem, and he said he didn't need me, but I was the first person he turned to. I can see it in your eyes you love him. Even if you don't know it yet." After he told me that, I wiped my face, knowing that I was still going to be crying. I smiled sadly at him, and opened the door.

"Mike, Cal, could you give us a minute alone?" They both looked at me and got up, holding hands and walking out. I slowly walked over to Ashton's bed and grabbed his hand while sitting down.

"Lukey? Why have you been crying?" If it wasn't for the circumstances, I would've kissed him a million times, but I didn't. He reached up and wiped the new tears that had ran down my face.

"Do y-you have something to tell me?"

"Uh, no? Do I?"

"What's on your thighs?" After I said that, I started crying even more.

He visibly paled, and didn't know what to say.

"Just. I'm not mad or anything, it just makes me sad that this happened. How long have you been doing it? And when's the last time you did?"

"When I first figured out I was gay. I thought there was something wrong with me. And then it got worse when I came out. The last time I did it was maybe 5 months ago, during summer break, on a family vacation."

"Why did you do it 5 months ago? Does Calum know?"

I could see tears forming in his yes when I asked him that. "I can't tell you that. And no. He doesn't. No one does. Well, obviously now you do."

"Why can't you tell me? Please. Ash?"

"It was Bill." Of course it was Bill.

"What did Bill do?"

"We were fine until Bill and my mom got into a fight because I forgot something at home. And she ended up getting mad and leaving me alone with him for the rest of the day."

"Okay. Then what happened." He started crying more, breaking my heart. No one wants to see someone they love cry so hard.

But the next thing he said could never compare. My heart stopped.

"B-bill forced himself on me."
_____________________✍️

that made me so sad to write, oml. my friend's boyfriend is makin me upset, and my life is still broken, sooo, my thumb suffered today lol. and no matter what is going on in the fandom, please don't bring any negativity here. but please comment and vote if you enjoyed!! love all you cuties!!😘