𝚋 - 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜

,,Diana what have i done? I don't want to go to the beach with Gi- the boys! It came out wrong. And why would he join our conversation anyway?" Anne groaned when she was on her way back home with Diana.

,,I don't know, Anne, maybe he just wanted to talk to you so he used the first opportunity that came..."

,,Fine, but why would he invite the boys afterwards? He must've known i would get angry, right?"

,,Well maybe he just meant to-... or-... No, no idea here."

,,Also, why would Ruby be so happy? There will be boys and they'll see us in our swimsuits! And that's embarrassing!"

,,She likes Gilbert. She might hope she would have the chance to spend some alone time with him...?" Diana guessed. And she was right.

Ruby knew she didn't have the courage to talk to the boy at school, so she hoped she would get a chance to have at least a small talk with him out of school. She was naively thinking he would fall in love with her after one day together.

Well, technically they've shared a few short conversations before, when they were perhaps in the woods with Miss Stacey and the class, or when they were on the train after saving their beloved teacher... But he never thought it could've meant something more than just a friendly talk between two classmates.

,,Maybe... I'll see you there, Diana! Bye!" Anne waved at her bosom friend and went the other way to Green Gables.

☼︎

,,Marilla, i don't think it'll look good on me..." Anne mumbled, looking at her swimsuit laid on her bed. Marilla turned at the girl.

,,Fiddlesticks, you'll look just fine. Just like any other girl in her swimsuit," she said plainly.

Anne got hers a few weeks ago when the Cuthberts did a few trips to the beach and Anne learned how to swim. She still wasn't really good at it, but she was making progress.

She thought the swimsuit is pretty but wasn't sure if it's also pretty on her skinny body. Marilla told her multiple times, that she looks 'just fine' in it and that she shouldn't think about it so much, but this time, it was different for the girl.

Back then, it was only her and her beloved parents, that loved her no matter what she looked like. But today, her friends and the boys would be there. She felt a tiny little insecure about this whole situation.

,,Put this on, it's not a big deal, all the girls will be dressed the same," Marilla said and was about to leave Anne's room, but the girl cried:

,,But all the girls are prettier than me!"

,,Fiddlesticks! You have to stop comparing yourself to the others, it'll do nothing but hurt you," Marilla shook her head and left the room.

Anne sighed.

What if i just don't go? That won't hurt anyone and i won't have to feel... this... But no! I can't not go, Gil- the boys would think i am scared of an afternoon at the beach with the opposite gender! I won't let h-them think that!

None of the boys would actually think that, but at least it made Anne go.

,,I will be fine if i get lost between the other girls. I'm just gonna go, have a good time with my friends and prove Gil- the boys, that i am not scared of them," she announced to herself.