V

I first started to do my makeup and put my hair up in a bun as it looked nice. I started to put on my new black dress and stepped out.

I started walking to the dinner table that was outside waiting for me while Mattia was sitting down.

"You look-" I cut him off.

"I'm starving" I said while smirking.

He tapped his wine glass with a spoon as his chef came and gave us our meals.

"As you wished, Enchiladas." Mattia said.

I took a bite out of my food.

"Is it good?" Mattia asks.

"My grandma makes them better. But you don't have to kill him I will give him a couple of lessons.." I said while I chuckled.

"So what do you actually do?" I asked Mattia as I wanted to get to know him.

I saw him look at his phone but he ignored whoever messaged him as he answered my question.

"I do business." He says as he puts his phone away.

"Hm.. Mattia Im serious, you want me to accept a year-long declaration. I have rights to know what's waiting for me." I said to him.

"You will know exactly what you need to know. I have a few... companies, hotels, clubs, restaurants. It's like a corporation, and I'm the CEO. The whole is a part of a bigger operation. But the details are useless and dangerous." He explained as I smiled and nodded my head.

"I was chosen the head of this family after my dads death." He said quietly.

Oh my-

"I'm sorry.." I said to him has he sighed and changed the subject.

He got up from his chair and walked towards me and leaned in closer to me as he spoke.

"I would like you... to teach me.. how to be gentle. For you" he said.

We looked into each other's eyes as he walked away and sat back down in his seat.

-

We got done with dinner as I started making my way to my room and closed the door.

I saw my phone and laptop on the bed, I walked quickly to my bed and opened up my laptop.

Then I thought about it..

Maybe I should just give him a chance.

I mean was I really happy with Jacob?

Did I want to go back?

I called my mom, "Mom" I said as she asked me if everything was fine.

"Yeah everything is fine. I have to tell you something though they offered me a new job in Sicily. It's the best hotel on the island. I was given a yearly contract." I explained to her as she was starting to worry.

"Come on, stop worrying. You'll see, you'll come visit and fall in love with the place as I have." I said.

-