Chapter 1

Dedication to CrazyforCliffoXx cause she's amazing and I love her

*edited*

The bell rang, signalling the end of the day. Luke jumped from his seat, put his book in his book bag and rushed out of the class room. Today had been a long and agonising day for Luke. He was feeling a bit overwhelmed, but he knows he'll get used to it in time. He was eager to get home, so when he raced around the corner he wasn't surprised when he bumped into someone. Luke grabbed the figure by the waist to stop them from falling over, he was very thankful for his fast reflexes. As Luke steadied himself he looked up at the figure to apologise only to be met with a blushing, Ashton.

"I- sorry," Ashton spoke whilst looking at his feet, which made Luke confused because he didn't seem this nervous when they were in science together this morning.

"I shouldn't have been walking this fast, I was in a hurry."

"Oh- I'm sorry for holding you up."

"Don't apologise, it's fine. Do you catch a bus?" Luke questioned.

"Um, Ye-Yeah. When I got on the bus this morning- I think I saw you- you were sitting in my seat." Ashton chuckled nervously. Luke thought about how Ashton had sat in front of him and he could hear his music playing.

"Yeah, I could hear your music playing." Luke chuckled slightly.

Ashton smiled. "It was the song you were singing this morning."

"That song is really special to me," Luke spoke truthfully, making Ashton's eyes widen and his smile grow. Something about Ashton's smile made Luke never want to stop looking at him. When realising what he was thinking, he quickly shook the thoughts away.

"We- better get to the bus stop, it'll probably be here soon." Ashton said, glancing at his watch.

"Oh, yeah. Um, do you have a phone?"

Ashton shook his head in amusement. "Of course, it's not like- I live in the Stone Age."

"Right, that was a stupid question." Luke chuckled, making Ashton look at him with fondness.

"Here," Ashton said, passing his phone to Luke. Luke quickly jotted in his number before taking a photo to put as his contact icon and sending a message to himself. He passed Ashton his phone back when he heard his phone vibrate in his pocket, notifying him that he got the message he sent from Ashton's phone. He saved Ashton's number into his contacts, then remembered Ashton needed a picture for his contact icon. He turned towards Ashton, with his phone ready, They were almost at the front of the school so he had to be quick.

"Say cheese!" Luke shouted, gaining Ashton's attention. As soon as Ashton turned his way, Luke snapped the picture.

"L-Luke! What are you doing?" Ashton spoke, in between hiccups.

"You needed a photo for your contact." Luke shrugged, looking back at the picture. "Don't worry, it looks good." Luke complemented, making Ashton blush.

"But-"

"The bus is waiting, hurry!" Luke said shoving his phone in his pocket and racing for the bus, Ashton soon following behind.

"You could have- asked me to take one instead of just taking one when I wasn't ready." Ashton pouted, taking a seat in his usual spot. Luke shot Ashton a pleading look, asking for permission to sit next to him. The curly headed boy reassured him by giving him a smile and patting the spot next to him.

"You have hiccups again, I see." Luke stated, taking a seat. "Every time I see you, you always have hiccups."

"I have uh- a condition." Luke decided to drop the topic because it was obvious Ashton didn't want to talk about it. Ashton put in a earphone then offered one to Luke, which he happily obliged. Luke grinned when he heard what song was playing.