19

19

They were going to go to report to the others, but what surprised her more they were outside of the house of Lords. She knew she could not go in there she was a woman and they were not allowed. He helped her down out of the barouche and led her up the stairs and they went to a little building and through a door that seemed to be hidden if you did not know what you were looking for you might overlook it. He led her through a maze of offices and ended up in a room with The Duke of Windom and a small woman who looked more like a young girl. Simon did the introductions.

"Lady Hartford this is Clara Howard the Duchess of Surrey code name Themis. She is here to assess your skills. I have decided over the objection of your Uncle to enlist you into service to the crown. Your code name will me Praxidice goddess of judicial punishment and the exactor of vengeance."

Johanna curtsied to the Duchess and then sat in the offered chair Simon pointed to.

"Is that how you see me as someone who delivers punishment and extracts vengeance?"

"No, I see you delivering Justice and I think Praxidice is a noteworthy name. What did the two of you find out?"

Johanna looked over at Jensen who nodded to her letting her know she should be the one who gave the report.

"We found out that Lady Everleigh at five saw the murder and violation of Genevieve Kingston. A few months ago, she overheard her brother Nesbit talking with Richard Moss and they were talking about how easy it had been to get away with murder and the abductions she said they were laughing about it. From what I learned from going to Madam Ransoms was Moss is hiding something on his property. He is always checking one of the guest's rooms and there is something hidden either under or in a tree on his property. I personally think we need to pull in Thomas Canton he seems to be the weakest link of the four. I think we need to act rapidly so they can not destroy any evidence."

Simon was waiting for Clara to weigh in after all she was the expert in analyzing these types of cases. She was quiet for a while before speaking.

"I think her assessments are all correct on the steps that need to be taken. I do not think waiting to go to Moss's will benefit anyone. I think she is correct in getting Thomas Canton in and see if you can break him. I think a few minutes with say Blue Beard or Charming, or even The Sparrow you might get what you need."

Simon laughed they were all scary but the one he would not want to cross ever, would be Marzanna the woman was deadly. Her father had trained her from a young age to be a killer and she took to her lessons well.

"I will send Hermes to go and bring him back. Once we have talked with him we will head out to Moss's estate with a group of agents and see what he is hiding."

Johanna smiled at the Duke he was good at giving orders, but she was sure he had forgotten someone.

"Do not forget Warren Landers he is involved with this as well."

Clara stood up smiled at the young girl who was not much younger than Clara herself four years to be exact and started to walk out the door.

"Simon I think you have found my replacement I think she is just as good as I am if not better only time will tell us that. You can call me if you are ever in need of my services but, as of today I will be off to raise my children and spend time with my husband who I absolutely adore."

Then Clara walked out of the door leaving the three of them alone. Simon called for Standish to send a message to Alex or Hermes rather that he needed to go and pick up Thomas Canton and act with all due haste. An hour later Alex arrived with Thomas Canton and waiting for him was Charming. Alex laughed to himself since Wayne did not get his name by being charming in these situations he was the lack of charm under the circumstances. Jensen and Johanna stayed behind the doors so he would not see them after all he had seen Jensen at Madam's before and they did not want him to put two and two together and come up with Jensen was Jack Billings.