Chapter 4

Draco's p.o.v.

We walked up the stairs in the castle that leads to the main hall, after the brainless oaf, Hagrid the gamekeeper, led us out of the boat and to the entrance of Hogwarts.

On the top of the stairs stood an old woman with black hair, whom I assume is Professor McGonagall. Father's told me about her-

" Welcome to Hogwarts! Now in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join the rest of your classmates. But before you can get your seat, you must be sorted into your houses. There will be Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin. While you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. And at the end of the year, the house with the most points wins the house cup. "

To all our surprise, an idiot boy, Longbottom or something, spotted his lost frog on the floor and yelled. " Trevor! " He quickly scooped up the frog, before muttering a embarrassing sorry, and went back to his original position.

She looked at Neville for one moment, then looked back at all of us. " The ceremony will start momentarily. " And just like that, she left to the main hall.

I then spotted a raven haired boy among the crowd, and immediately recognised him as Harry Potter. Dad's told me about him. And his sister. Though I can't spot her anywhere here. Must be very good in blending into the background. And that, readers, is what makes a person a good prey on play with.

And so, I decided to talk to Potter about being his friend, as father has requested.

" It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts! " I said, looking directly at Potter. And almost at once, all the first years began whispering and gasping. Of course, the boy who lived is so famous. Who wouldn't know?

" This is Crabbe and Goyle. " I gestured to the two friends of mine. And slowly walked towards him. " And I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. " And stood infront of Potter.

To my annoyance, Weasley snickered, causing me to face him. " Think my name's funny, don't you? Don't need to ask yours. Red head, hand-me-down clothes. You must be a Weasley! " I turned back to Potter. " You'll soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Don't want to go and friend with the wrong sort. I can help you there. " I stuck out my hands for Potter to shake.

But to my surprise, humiliation and annoyance, Potter looked at my hand with plain disgust, and answered smugly, " I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks. "

" HAHAHAHA!!!! THEY KNOW HOW TO PLAYYYY!!!! " A roar of laughter erupted from beside Potter, causing me to snap my head towards the voice, only to find my silver eyes staring into a black eyes of a Veela.

I kinda stopped breathing for a moment, when I was looking at her. Almost everything about her was perfect. Her ebony, wavy hair tumbling past her shoulders, almost to her waist. The pale face of hers was still full with baby fat, and her blood cloured, full lips stood out in her black and white appearance. Whatever-her-name-is's tall and slim figure were almost as tall as me. Her entire looks stood out among the crowd almost as much as I did.

We stared into each other's eyes for what seems like a hundred years and everything seems to fade away.

Not one of us was able to look away.

Her black emotionless, glassy eyes, something like a lifeless person's eyes, but mysterious and unique. It's not always you came across a person with black, lifeless eyes. Some people may think it's plain compared to a joyful, full of life blue eyes, but to be honest, it's unique in its own way, a different way.