Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I have never been drunk and have no clue how to describe being drunk or hangovers or anything like that so if it's inaccurate, well, I tried. ;-;

~Warnings for This Chapter~
-Kissing (Inexplicit)
-Character death
-LMK if there's anything else

From now on, I will be making shorter, 500-700 word chapters so I can update more frequently.

******************************

Grian POV

Fireflies dance around us, twirling through the flowers and mingling with the stars. Oil lamps line the path, illuminating the delicate petals of roses and lilies. It feels like a dream. Mumbo and I amble through the garden, drunk and lost in a sense of euphoria.

Mumbo trips and grabs my arm to steady himself. I giggle and lean into his shoulder. Everything is perfect.

We collapse on to a nearby bench. I grab his tie and pull his lips to mine. He closes his eyes and embraces me back.

Too soon, he breaks the kiss. I whine and look up at him.

"Need the toilet", he says, smiling at me.

"Ok Mumby", I giggle. "Don't take too looong."

He stumbles toward the house, nearly walking into a rosebush once or twice. I laugh. I love my spoon boyfriend.

I stand up from the bench and immediately stumble, supporting myself on the wall of the house. Before I can regain my balance, I hear the faint sound of shattering glass.

I glance around in surprise, before landing my gaze on the window above me. I can make out three people in the room. As I watch, two of them run out the door, leaving the third standing at the window forlornly.

By the way he is standing, he almost looks like he is going to jump.

******************************

Zedaph POV

The sun's rays land right on my face, forcing me to wake up. A bird is hollering its lungs out right outside my window.

I stretch and rub the bridge of my nose, trying to abate my headache. I didn't drink much last night but I still have a mild hangover.

I look around and find myself in an unfamiliar room. I nearly panic before remembering that I had slept in the spare bedroom.

The events of last night come crashing down on me like a tsunami. I had just left Impulse. He could have been hurt after Tango threw the glass. Cursing myself for my stupidity, I quickly get dressed and run down the hall.

When I get to our room, I stop short. Broken glass covers the floor.

I step inside, carefully.

The window is broken. I don't want to think about what that means. I can feel my breathing getting faster. Where is Impulse?

I search the room and almost immediately regret it. A single spot of blood stains the white sheets.

Impy was hurt. And I wasn't there to help him. I walk towards the window. I'm terrified of what I might find.

I look down.

Impulse is laying on the ground, dead.

******************************

498 words